Mataeo Bunbury

Dominic94

2005 born striker with SKC 2, born in Minnesota to Canadian parents. 

He’s in the U/20 camp, nice bit of work to get him there. He’s eligible for the next cycle, this is a nice bit of work by the CSA to get him out. 

yes, he is Alex’s son and Teal’s younger brother. 

Edited by Dominic94

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wait what…thought 2002 are the cut off.

Yea players have to be born in 2003 or younger since they will be too old for the 2023 u20 World Cup. It’s kinda stupid because this is also the qualifiers for the Olympics which will involve 2002s. 

7 hours ago, vancanman said:

I think it's Mataeo, with two a's?

Are Mataeo and Logan Bunbury the same person?

Nope. Logan is about 10 years older at least and a Hip-hop artist https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/teal-bunbury-way-presented-heineken No reference to Mataeo and the article says Logan is the youngest, although probably more in context with the article about the 3 of them than definitively saying he is the youngest child.

https://www.sportingkc.com/news/sporting-kansas-city-ii-signs-16-year-old-academy-forward-mataeo-bunbury-to-acad

Confirmed he is a younger brother though in the article above. He has just been hidden. 

8 hours ago, An Observer said:

He's quite young for the U20s at 17 so I assume this means he must be pretty good as you would I think have 2002's in this camp so that's quite the age gap.

He isn't even 17 until June! Must have some potential. He wouldn't be clocking so many minutes with SKC II otherwise.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I wonder why he came to our camp, surely the US knows of him and would take a look… are the camps at the same time ?

WHAT??? I think you meant to say of course he came to our camp...look at the exciting program we have now and the players he could play with in 2026 if he pans out.  At least one of Alex kids has some sense.  

• Dominic94 changed the title to Mataeo Bunbury