Mataeo Bunbury

Dominic94

3 hours ago, solsous said:

I am hearing that Mataeo Bunbury has left the SKC organization.  Not knowing the full story behind it, I don't think that was a wise decision at all.  On a positive note, word is, he got his Canadian citizenship.

Is he joining the whitecaps or something? 😀

Did seem like he settled, advancing and was on a similar path to JRR and Farsi. Guess we will see where he goes next. 

Is he really first team material though? SKC is currently the second worst team in MLS, I’m really wondering where he’d be a fit. Maybe Europe, his dad may have connections in Portugal, maybe he ends up somewhere there.

twitter comments are saying that SKC has been hemorrhaging players who’ve caught on elsewhere and coaches who aren’t able to move up the pecking order, so maybe he saw the writing on the wall. Having a dad who’s been around the block advising you, I’m sure there’s some background info on this we don’t know about.

20 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Hmm, what’s his next move ? Europe I guess or another MLS team ?

I am hearing that he will sign with a USL Championship team.  I am not sure which one.  Hopefully, he signs with a team that will mold his immense talent.  Once again, managers like Vermes prove to be dinosaurs.  

26 minutes ago, solsous said:

I am hearing that he will sign with a USL Championship team.  I am not sure which one.  Hopefully, he signs with a team that will mold his immense talent.  Once again, managers like Vermes prove to be dinosaurs.  

So maybe USL champ to Europe after ?

23 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Since you seem to have inside info ( are you a friend or relative of the family ?) , please answer the following questions for us:

- Where was his mother born?

- Where were his maternal grandparents born?

Thank you.

I live in the States and follow a lot of content.  I already stated that his mom is American and his paternal grand parents were born in Guyana.  The same place where is dad was born.  Maybe you should check his wiki page.

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So maybe USL champ to Europe after ?

He would have to show that he can compete at that level.  The USL has seasoned veterans on their rosters.  I don't think that Europe is necessary the route for our younger players.  The will get minutes here.  The MLS and the USL Championship are good leagues.

50 minutes ago, solsous said:

I live in the States and follow a lot of content.  I already stated that his mom is American and his paternal grand parents were born in Guyana.  The same place where is dad was born.  Maybe you should check his wiki page.

Ok.

I was just wondering if you had more specific info or knew the family. Nothing new to report regarding his eligibility doubts then.

Jokes aside the whitecaps should be looking to pick him up, not least if he will count as a domestic. If the rumours of Ongaro signing for WC2 are true they could actually backfill that team with the promise of first team minutes for both of them if they work out. 

Columbus seems to be a nice spot for Canadians at the moment if not ;)

I did see some people talking about CPL being a possibility too. Would probably rather see him at an MLS2 club but a standout season with a CPL club seems to be becoming a decent pathway to Europe too.

1 hour ago, solsous said:

He would have to show that he can compete at that level.  The USL has seasoned veterans on their rosters.  I don't think that Europe is necessary the route for our younger players.  The will get minutes here.  The MLS and the USL Championship are good leagues.

Is another MLS club a possibility ?

For those wanting information on Mataeo, just follow his dad.  This is how Alex responded to his son's departure from SKC II.  By the way, I don't think it was a wise decision.

Replying to @BlueTestamentKC
I would like to make it clear! Mataeo didn’t demand a first team contract at any time nor did I! The club and coach didn’t feel that Mataeo is ready for a first team contract. So a decision was made for Mataeo to depart that is believed to be in his best interest.

4 minutes ago, solsous said:

For those wanting information on Mataeo, just follow his dad.  This is how Alex responded to his son's departure from SKC II.  By the way, I don't think it was a wise decision.

Replying to @BlueTestamentKC
I would like to make it clear! Mataeo didn’t demand a first team contract at any time nor did I! The club and coach didn’t feel that Mataeo is ready for a first team contract. So a decision was made for Mataeo to depart that is believed to be in his best interest.

Sounds like a disagreement occurred on his path to the first team though.

25 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Sounds like a disagreement occurred on his path to the first team though.

Nonetheless, he should have stayed with the organization.  It feels like he was trying to force things.  However, Peter Vermes sounds like he is a piece of work.

1 hour ago, solsous said:

Nonetheless, he should have stayed with the organization.  It feels like he was trying to force things.  However, Peter Vermes sounds like he is a piece of work.

Why stay there ? They’re in last place, he’s a top prospect and they would rather lose him then try him out in a season where they are going no where ? I’d leave too.

4 minutes ago, solsous said:

You seem to be focused on who I am more than who the player is and his potential.  Let's talk football.

Wait... you have two accounts? @solsous and @Onelessstar ? 🤣

I was just interested as to why that user was confused by my posts, but if that account is also you, now I am genuinely curious as to who you are and why you are reacting in the same thread with two separate accounts.  Funny stuff. 🙃