Mataeo Bunbury

Dominic94

On 1/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, solsous said:

I am not sure, but he was asked to stay for a 2nd week.

There is a high profile American player(Joshua Winder) in camp.  I think Benfica would sign him before they sign Mataeo.

Looks like the signing of Winder is happening

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Xavier. said:

He was part of Legion's first preseason game. Came on the second half and apparently did very well.

Shit. I scanned the box score that day and somehow missed that he played. Glad to see that he did well.

As tight-lipped as the Legion were about his trial at Benfica in the first place, I doubt we'll hear any news as to whether they made any sort of deal/arrangement for when he turns 18 this summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand the move to Crew2 from Mataeo's point of view, as it didn't seem like he was going to play a lot in Birmingham. I thought he showed enough down the stretch last season to warrant more playing time in this one. It kind of makes you wonder if the training stint at Benfica strained his relationship with the club.

Anyways, I went and watched their game this past Sunday, (they were missing Tyler Pasher as well :( and wow, they really lacked any creativity in the final third, losing 2-1 to the last place Phoenix club. 

I'm glad to see his stint with Crew2 has gotten off to a good start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...