Luca Petrasso

Bdog

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Or is he Luke Singh 2.0.  Petrasso looked great but he needs to demonstrate that over months and years.  One half does not a career make.  And frankly it’s not hard to be the most inspiring player on a team that looks like absolute garbage.

To Luca's credit, he demonstrated this against MLS opposition at the very least unlike the former. Kone was almost given the Luke Singh 2.0 award but he turned it around this week thankfully. Have faith brother.  

5 hours ago, Markoaleks said:

Great pace and skills showed today

Bright Future IMO 

He certainly did, a perfect example of a kid who has come through the TFC ranks to getting the opportunity to make his TFC debut today. He certainly showed today that he can play with the big boys, looking forward to seeing what he can do next. Congrats to him.

22 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Why was he at TFC 2 for 4 years ???

I had never watched him until last year but the 4 years was probably for these reasons:

Year 1 2018 - made 9 appearances, mostly played with Academy team

Year 2 2019 - full year with TFC2 at LM (his real Year 1 with TFC2)

Year3 2020- cancelled. No way to audition for a spot

Year 4- position change to LB played whole year. (his real year 2 with TFC2)

He was probably hurt by the pandemic cancelling out a season, which could've gotten him a full year deal last year. He only really has 2 years at TFC2. Then since they wanted him at LB, he needed time at TFC2 to learn it. MLS isn't the best place to learn a new position as is showing with Shaff and JMR, so it was good (apart from his bank account) that he got a low pressure USL1 chance to learn it

Edited by rydermike

Been watching him for years. The post above is pretty accurate. His early years with TFC2 did show promise, but you can kinda tell he still needed a little more time.

Should note that he also played a good chunk of games as a CM. Imo looked capable of playing that position as well.

But ya he played as a LB last season. Had a pretty strong season. Still probably prefer him as a left winger since his defending isn't completely reliable however.

He must've shown something in training, I was kinda expecting Achara to have the start over Kerr. Especially since Bradley played Petrasso as a LB during the entire preseason. Really good performance. Hopefully it isn't a one time thing.

33 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Very Nice. I guess we know why Shaf is being converted to LB. Him and Luca linking up will give trouble to a lot of MLS sides. If for nothing else, TFC will be a young side full of pace. If they can shore up the defensive side of things, I have a feeling this team can surprise people and get into the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I thought he did quite well in that position.  If they continue with three at the back with wingbacks, you wonder who Bradley the Elder will go with between Petrasso and Shaffelburg.

I think shaff takes Nelson’s spot. Nelson hasn’t looked good at all IMO and I don’t see Bradley sticking with him much longer 

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

I think shaff takes Nelson’s spot. Nelson hasn’t looked good at all IMO and I don’t see Bradley sticking with him much longer 

Disagree pretty completely.  He created the best chance that didn’t go in the net first half and then created another one where he took a weak shot instead of laying it off  for Poz in the second.  Couple of good dribbles and he hustled most of the game.

Petrasso was fantastic again today.  Real exciting prospect that sort of came out of nowhere.

I too agree with @Club Linesman as well.  Nelson looked quite dangerous whenever on the ball.  To me, he’s already grown so much from his showings last year.  He is missing that final pass or touch right now.  I saw a tweet that I thought summed his play up this season.

6 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Petrasso was fantastic again today.  Real exciting prospect that sort of came out of nowhere.

I too agree with @Club Linesman as well.  Nelson looked quite dangerous whenever on the ball.  To me, he’s already grown so much from his showings last year.  He is missing that final pass or touch right now.  I saw a tweet that I thought summed his play up this season.

Nelson has this naivete that is both good and bad for him. I am hoping that once he gets more experience at this level it will come together for him. It is easy to forget he is still a teenager.

On the subject of Nelson, I think he is still a bit too raw and his decision making probably wasn't the best at times this game. That being said, he does have a unique skillset that could definitely turn into him into our own Ronaldinho lite if he puts it together. However, I was just looking at comments on Reddit and it's disgusting how much some of those nerds are shitting on him. I don't know if there's a place on the internet with worse opinions when it comes to sports, but it's not surprising considering how most of them probably haven't played a sport before lmao.

On a positive note, Petrasso is playing unreal right now. I think he's gonna get a lot of playing time this year.