Luca Petrasso

Bdog

The club currently sits in 3rd place in Serie C Group A.
https://www.livescore.com/en/football/italy/serie-c-group-a/table/

They were recently purchased by an American investment firm.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230706266922/en/LBK-Capital-LLC-Acquires-Italian-Soccer-Club-U.S.-Triestina-Calcio-1918

They actually play in a very nice stadium for that level that would be a suitable Serie A ground.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadio_Nereo_Rocco

Hopefully he gets lots of minutes.

3 hours ago, masster said:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230706266922/en/LBK-Capital-LLC-Acquires-Italian-Soccer-Club-U.S.-Triestina-Calcio-1918

They actually play in a very nice stadium for that level that would be a suitable Serie A ground.

That stadium would be one of the better stadiums in Serie A, have you seen some of these stadiums in Italy, this one actually looks really nice .

3 hours ago, masster said:

Great thing about Trieste is you can do shopping and services across the border and it is far cheaper. Apart from being a town with a lot of character, probably deserves a team in a higher division.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:58 PM, SoccMan said:

That stadium would be one of the better stadiums in Serie A, have you seen some of these stadiums in Italy, this one actually looks really nice .

Before Salernitana made it back to Serie A their stadium hadn't been renovated since the last time their team was in Serie A in the late 90s. The stadium seating is large concrete steps where plastic seats had been added during the renovation. Prior to the most recent Serie A promotion half the seats were missing while most of the remaining were broken with sharp plastic edges making the seats unusable. This would be a lawsuit waiting to happen in North America.

26 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Before Salernitana made it back to Serie A their stadium hadn't been renovated since the last time their team was in Serie A in the late 90s. The stadium seating is large concrete steps where plastic seats had been added during the renovation. Prior to the most recent Serie A promotion half the seats were missing while most of the remaining were broken with sharp plastic edges making the seats unusable. This would be a lawsuit waiting to happen in North America.

Saw a game there last summer and it's still a big ugly block of concrete. Fans more than make up for it though.

Edited by sebdeserio

41 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Italy needs toimprove on there staduims as awhole many our simply outdated and need some major league renovations , some teams like Roma, need to build newer venues 

They have no concession stands either. The only way to get team scarves or jerseys is outside of the stadium from the knock off vendors. At half time everybody jams into the bars, one at each side of the stadium, to get coffees and a few getting a beer for 2 euro. This in contrast to North American sports where most fans usually end up spending as much if not more than the ticket price at the concession stands.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

They have no concession stands either. The only way to get team scarves or jerseys is outside of the stadium from the knock off vendors. At half time everybody jams into the bars, one at each side of the stadium, to get coffees and a few getting a beer for 2 euro. This in contrast to North American sports where most fans usually end up spending as much if not more than the ticket price at the concession stands.

Ya very true I went to an Avellino game a few years ago they are in Serie C now but Serie B when I went I’m thinking 2017 it was, anyways they were in Serie A for like 9 years in the 1980’s . The stadium fits like 30000 it’s an  enclosed stadium but has a running track around . There are no con sessions inside from what I can see and ya you buy stuff outside the stadium food and club apparel. Basically a big concrete structure with mainly seats all around . However , looked very old . But yes when full because it’s enclosed the atmosphere would be electric the sound stays in . Unfortunately no beer gardens or play areas for kids inside the stadium lol . Anyways ya a lot of stadiums in Italy have no concessions inside the stadium or even anywhere to buy team merchandise, it’s very strange . All the money these team are losing out on it seems but not having concessions in their stadiums seems very odd unless I’m missing something. However, I’m assuming the new Juventus stadium that Juventus actually owns would have concessions and they would sell team merchandise in their stadium. Moreover , I would assume a brand new stadium like that would even have corporate boxes that I’ve never seen in Italian stadiums either.

12 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Ya very true I went to an Avellino game a few years ago they are in Serie C now but Serie B when I went I’m thinking 2017 it was, anyways they were in Serie A for like 9 years in the 1980’s . The stadium fits like 30000 it’s an  enclosed stadium but has a running track around .

Avelino the arch enemies of Salernitana! That is what I learned from my time in Salerno. Avelino also the Italian home town of Tony Soprano.

22 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Avelino the arch enemies of Salernitana! That is what I learned from my time in Salerno. Avelino also the Italian home town of Tony Soprano.

Lol ya that was funny to my surprise when watching the Sopranos to find out Tony’s family was from Avellino my parent’s hometown . But yes being just a 20 minute drive from each other and from the same region of Campania Avellino and Salernitana are big rivals. Salerno is the gateway to that amazingly picturesque coast of towns the Amalfi Coast . 

20 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Leaving aside the point about lawsuits in North America, which have helped create entire societies who are allowed to not think for themselves and blame someone else for every dunce move, interesting to know the state of these stadiums. Take responsibility for your actions, human beings!

I was watching Inter at Monza the other day, and Monza has a beautiful little stadium for a team that has hardly been in top flight.

19 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Italy needs toimprove on there staduims as awhole many our simply outdated and need some major league renovations , some teams like Roma, need to build newer venues 

Thing is, knowing architects and where people are teaching the subject, Italy hasn't invested big in infrastructure, in general, for decades. Study architecture in Italy if you want to learn philosophy (which is great training too).

I appreciate that the thinking with stadiums is maybe to focus more on content, spend money to put players on the field, but they've underestimated infrastructure. You could opt to spend on the players, on training facilities (often better than the stadiums themselves), but it runs counter to the more recent trend to upgrade facilities in line with the prestige and ambition of the club.

In Italy they don't have funds to deal with cultural heritage, so much is outdated but "charming", there are closed museums, collections, heritage sites; they can't manage the legacy of the past, and they prefer not to spend on contemporary infrastructure. University buildings, schools, it could all use an upgrade. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist