Luca Petrasso

Bdog

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

New boy not just in Canadian football in MLS but if he keeps up this red hot form, a Qatar call up could be in his future come November 

I think Qatar is far fetched just because of the depth we have at those wing/wingback positions. I think it'd take an injury or complete collapse in form from a few guys in front of him. But I would hope that we see him at some point in Nations League if Herdman is looking to experiment with the group

25 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think Qatar is far fetched just because of the depth we have at those wing/wingback positions. I think it'd take an injury or complete collapse in form from a few guys in front of him. But I would hope that we see him at some point in Nations League if Herdman is looking to experiment with the group

I can definitely agree with you on this 💯 

• 7 months later...
Just now, Corazon said:

Seems very strange given the recent rumours that Crsicito is considering retiring.  Even if Criscito doesn't retire this season, he can't have too much left in the tank.

Petrasso is more interesting as a winger than a full back, though he can play both. As such, perhaps Toronto doesn't see him as a long term solution to Criscito, nor is he likely to get many minutes at winger given the two Italian DPs. I really like Petrasso, and so does Orlando seemingly, so hopefully a good move for both parties.

The only downside is that TFC is rapidly shipping out their speed. JS? Gone. Petrasso? Gone. This is not a very fast club at the moment.

He had his ups and downs, but his ups were really good. I thought he always looked best as a wing back with three centre backs behind him. I don't think he's offensive enough to be a pure winger. Without knowing the behind the scenes stuff or future transfers, I am confused why TFC would let him go. Cheap, homegrown, not international, decent player.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Seems very strange given the recent rumours that Crsicito is considering retiring.  Even if Criscito doesn't retire this season, he can't have too much left in the tank.

I hope Criscito is retiring, whata a pointless signing. 
I also hope the trade rumors for Petrasso is true. 

If there's any solace it's in what @YorkRegionFan said. More Canadians elsewhere in the MLS, which gives time for another guy to come through.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

I hope Criscito is retiring, whata a pointless signing
I also hope the trade rumors for Petrasso is true. 

If there's any solace it's in what @YorkRegionFan said. More Canadians elsewhere in the MLS, which gives time for another guy to come through.

Most of the opinions from TFC fans I've seen are the opposite: that he was the best value of the 3 Italian signings, and delivered more than expected.

12 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Most of the opinions from TFC fans I've seen are the opposite: that he was the best value of the 3 Italian signings, and delivered more than expected.

Well....looking at the value...Domenic made 1.2M, Berna made 6.5M, and Lorenzo made 14M.
It's easy to say that. 

But with talk of him retiring, that means that money could've been well spent on a longer term project and not a bandaid fix.