TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Geez, here I am looking at TFC being far better than the Caps, but the reality is equally dire. 

What bugs me is that they don't have last year's excuse, having to do preseason away from home. You are supposed to go into your first match of the year looking ready, or close to ready. What is this coasting business?

It appears TFC spent all their time securing Insigne. 

Their roster is not ready for the season. Which is inexcusable, even with a manager change.

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Excellent team equalizer by Osorio, Canucks  looking good except Kerr who looks a bit shell-shocked I’m his first start, Bradley (sr that is) can be heard a few times yelling at him to hustle more

Disagree, he’s done well keeping the ball and going forward when needed.

The team has had moments of brilliance.  Pozuelo looks better more like year 1 thank goodness, and considering we are so inexperienced on the wings at the back we will be having lots of games like this.  Track meet up and down.

Nelson looks much more comfortable than last year. JMR looks like at least 10 million, great first half.  Kerr is overwhelmed I think, where is Endoh when you need him? Kidding.  Salcedo is playing like Slomar did  for his first 20 games, here’s hoping his run of top play lasts for more than a half year.

I really love the style that TFC has set out with - all out attack from the full backs.  But you can’t have slow-ass Bradley, who also can’t make a forward pass, as your defensive mid.  This formation works well for Bayern because they have Kimmich.  You also need CB’s who are good on the ball… I thought Salcedo’s distribution was atrocious - very slow at moving the ball and couldn’t make a long pass - this better improve if he’s taking up a DP spot.  Maybe they’ll switch to a back 3 if Criscito arrives… but does Senior have the balls to sit Junior?