TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

42 minutes ago, narduch said:

What are the chances it improves in 3 weeks?

Luckily that Canada game will be mostly meaningless.

I know they have groundskeepers that know more than me, but It doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to put clear plastic over the whole thing to make a greenhouse effect, raise the temperature, and kick start some grass growth.  Farmers do it to give some early season crops a head start so you would think they could get the grass growing.  

Rutty is having a tough one so far on the defensive side of things.  He wasn’t entirely at fault for the latest goal one but left his man to take the guy with the ball and a simple pass to the now-open man and it is 2-0.  He has had some good movement going forward.  

A few minutes ago I saw a burst of speed from Nelson that I had no idea he had in the playbook.  Nice to see.  

TFC need to sort out their defence in a big way.   I still question the experiment of moving Shaff and Rutty into the back line. To me they are both quite obviously attack-minded players. 

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Rutty is having a tough one so far on the defensive side of things.  He wasn’t entirely at fault for the latest goal one but left his man to take the guy with the ball and a simple pass to the now-open man and it is 2-0.  He has had some good movement going forward.  

A few minutes ago I saw a burst of speed from Nelson that I had no idea he had in the playbook.  Nice to see.  

TFC need to sort out their defence in a big way.   I still question the experiment of moving Shaff and Rutty into the back line. To me they are both quite obviously attack-minded players. 

NGL I think both Petrasso and Shaffleburg can play up there on the LW.

pure class goal by TFC

Just now, gator said:

It is easy to blame the young Canadians for this shit show of a half, that seems to be a default for many but look at the goals, they have all come through the middle of the park where the CB's, Bradley and Bono are guilty! 

Oh yeah, the CBs have been terrible and mainly at fault.  But I would say that Rutty has been involved in the mess as well.  

I think TFC were the better team up until 2-1… Bradley Brutal, Bono isn’t helping them nor hurting them, just needs to make a robbery there. Thought the CBS were solid tbh, I can’t fault Shaffleburg or Rutty on the second or 3rd goals as that’s what happens when your wingers are playing back, I don’t see what the euro teams see, Rutty is a winger, and I can see Petrasso at winger, but let’s try him at LB also.

The Canadians have been very good imo.

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Oh yeah, the CBs have been terrible and mainly at fault.  But I would say that Rutty has been involved in the mess as well.  

I thought a foul should have been called on the one where he went down leading to the goal, maybe just a case of him not being physically strong enough yet, the one where he took the wrong option, how the fuck is the RB isolated on 2 players in the middle of the pitch?

Edited by gator

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

I think TFC were the better team up until 2-1… Bradley Brutal, Bono isn’t helping them nor hurting them, just needs to make a robbery there. Thought the CBS were solid tbh, I can’t fault Shaffleburg or Rutty on the second or 3rd goals as that’s what happens when your wingers are playing back, I don’t see what the euro teams see, Rutty is a winger, and I can see Petrasso at winger, but let’s try him at LB also.

The Canadians have been very good imo.

Not sure how the CBs can be solid and the two outside backs playing decent while conceding a goal every 11 minutes.  They just haven’t been good enough.   That is largely due to the play of the CBs but the two young Canucks in the back line needed to do better as well.  They may be more used to playing in attack but if they are going to be used as backs this season they need to learn the positions quickly.  

17 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure how the CBs can be solid and the two outside backs playing decent while conceding a goal every 11 minutes.  They just haven’t been good enough.   That is largely due to the play of the CBs but the two young Canucks in the back line needed to do better as well.  They may be more used to playing in attack but if they are going to be used as backs this season they need to learn the positions quickly.  

I have never seen Rutty or Shaff as fullbacks in a back 4 and was surprised when they were deployed as that, they may well grow into that role but I think they are both more suited as wingbacks in a back 5!

5 minutes ago, spitfire said:

How is that not a red card ? Off the ground out of control and endangering an opponent he looked at it for like 5 mins lol not to like pressure on TFC..

It was for sure, studs up and off the pitch, it makes a bit of a mockery of VAR tbh, TFC certainly don't need to lose their new DP CB!