TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

15 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to the MLS injury report, Shaffelburg is out for this weekend with that injury he picked up last game. Akinola is the only other player listed for TFC as being out injured

TFC will really miss Shaff, so I hope he isn’t out for long… he was developing some good chemistry with Petrasso on that left side before he went down injured last weekend.

2 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

TFC will really miss Shaff, so I hope he isn’t out for long… he was developing some good chemistry with Petrasso on that left side before he went down injured last weekend.

It really is annoying as hell that we only learn about TFC injuries during the game broadcast

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this,  but with a midfield four of Petrasso, Osorio, Okello amd Pozeulo (as they currently have against Columbus), their initials would make that the POOP line

They’ve been pooping all over Columbus in the first half😂

Is it me, or does TFC defence look so much better without Salcedo. Given the obvious friction last week, I do wonder if he was a mistake, who won't be around for long.

Bradley's always looked good in the centre of 3 defenders. I wonder if that might be a good long-term plan, and get around his speed issues.

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Missed the first half but Nelson looks terrible in the second. Can't beat a man and knocked off the ball too easily and over thinking. Desperately needs a confidence boost.

He played well in the first half, he doesn't look as comfortable in the RWB role, as you say this is a great learning experience for the young Canadians and I think every one of them has shown some real potential!

Nelson was fantastic in the first half, but then so was all of TFC. Things seem to change when they moved Osorio out of the centre of the park with the Achara sub off (which was strange, since he came on for JMR), which meant that he both wasn't covering Zelarayan anymore (after marking him out of the game in the first half) and they couldn't build out of the back or hold up the ball up front (Jiminez is poor at at IMO, Peruzza should have come on earlier). Priso was poor in this game unfortunately, looked really rusty, couldn't complete any passes, I can see why based on this Okello (who looked pretty good IMO) got the start over him.

Unlike Caldwell, I can understand why they called the foul on Nelson, but don't like it or the yellow card. He didn't go through the player, he won the ball cleanly without making contact with the opposition player at the time he won it (the contact came afterwards) and Jayden was always the clear favourite to win the ball there. If you know you are going to be second best to the ball, you should have a responsibility to either pull off the challenge or accept the consequences if you are going to clatter into someone who is clearly going to win the ball rather than to be rewarded with a free kick (let alone the opponent yellow carded) because you allowed your thigh to be clattered into by someone winning the ball who was always favourite to win it. However, TFC need to defend the free kick 10x better than that, if they do, the crap foul call isn't an issue, and they might come out of this with a draw at least.