WCQ: Jamaica vs Canada - Sunday, Oct 10, 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

42 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Herdman respected Brym last game. However, he jogged for 7 minutes to protect our 1 point on the line in Aztec.

Everyone seems to be beating up on him but I actually thought he put in an effort and had a few nice touches. Perhaps I wasn’t watching him as closely as others but from what I saw in limited minutes, he looked good

5 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

In Herdman’s interview I think he said the pitch wasn’t good but at least the boys had a chance to experience it beforehand. 

Edit: It does look good though

I’ve said it before put I think the Hoilett thing just happened before that interview and it impacted the whole tone.  I think it shook him a bit.

10 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I’ve said it before put I think the Hoilett thing just happened before that interview and it impacted the whole tone.  I think it shook him a bit.

That makes sense.

Is it the drink and thinking it through too much by my wondering if Hoilett is actually heathy to go and this is all a ploy to throw the Jamaicans off?

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

When I was in Kingston a couple of years ago and wound up kicking a ball around a patch of grass near my hotel, two things struck me: 1) the grass is like concrete and super thick and 2) the humidity is murder.  So yeah, the grass looks good but it can feel like astroturf

Appearances can certainly be deceiving. Even BMO’s pitch has with the green paint and sand after an Argos games. Hopefully it bounces right for Kingston tonight. 

1 minute ago, canuckgbp said:

Happy to see Davies and David , take care of things, get the lead get them off ASAP.

Doneil scares the crap out of me, hopefully he does it have one of his brain fart moments, that could cost this team. 

23 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

"There is no way you honestly believe these are possibilities"...my thoughts on your attack lineups before reading any other reactions to Brym. C'mon y'all, you can't seriously think Herdman will trot out anything less up front than Hoilett and one (or both) of Davies/David can you? Millar is the ONLY option to step into a starting role in place of our tops and it's not even worth debating. Apologies for my bluntness but I just can't see the logic, even with my somewhat limited knowledge of the finer facets of footy.

Might as well toot my own horn while I can as I have ZERO idea whether this is the best option🤣

Just now, Floortom said:

A Henry- Cornelius pairing scares me.

really need Phonzie and JD to dominate Jamaicas terrible backline 

Absolutely Henry and Cornelius simply give me nightmares. Hopefully 🙏 they can stay within themselves, whatever that May me and not screw up.