Justin Smith

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Can someone explain to me why we have such high hopes for this French kid?

Makes perfect sense, He was a 18 year old making bench appearances for one of the biggest clubs in France, Was by far our best player at the u20s and was the best player on the pitch beetween Canada u20s and US u20s, and most importantly of all he was a good prospect in our biggest position of need CB.

Anyone who watched our U20 team could tell that this guy was class.  It is baffling how he can’t get minutes at a relatively low level.  Unless there is a good opportunity with Nice’s reserve team (I don’t know anything about French league infrastructure) I would hope that he secures a better loan ASAP.  He needs to be challenging himself because he clearly has potential.   

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

I’ll poke the question just for funsies but let’s say he gets loaned to middle to bottom of the table France third tier team, would you rather him loaned to the CPL? 

Fun hypothetical, perhaps, but why would he come here? He has no footballing connection to this country.

1 minute ago, Ivan said:

Maybe he simply didn't play up to expectations?

This is a possibility but from what we saw he had a really good pre-season and to never even get a chance with the 1st team and now not even playing for the 2nd team makes it seem like there’s more than just ability holding him back.

Smith, Colyn, Nelson and Pepple are guys I think will have very good 2nd half of the seasons, I have no particular reason to belive this but I think they could all be a part of the NT by the end of the year. The guy I hope for the most is definitely smith though, I think there’s reason for promise and reason for concern but I think by 2026 he’s CB1 getting regular minutes with Ogc Nice, Whether he ends up playing mostly as a midfielder or CB at club is interesting but I think even if it’s mid he likely would play CB for Canada.

40 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Smith, Colyn, Nelson and Pepple are guys I think will have very good 2nd half of the seasons, I have no particular reason to belive this but I think they could all be a part of the NT by the end of the year. The guy I hope for the most is definitely smith though, I think there’s reason for promise and reason for concern but I think by 2026 he’s CB1 getting regular minutes with Ogc Nice, Whether he ends up playing mostly as a midfielder or CB at club is interesting but I think even if it’s mid he likely would play CB for Canada.

Pepple has yet to produce at the League 2 level let alone the Championship level.

47 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

I hope so! I think Loturi is poised to have an impact too