Justin Smith

• 1 month later...

Glad he is getting some kind of minutes but what a season of purgatory after a coming out party in Olympic qualifying. 

It can surely only be some type of professionalism issue? Hope he gets a much better move next year. Really seemed to have all the tools to be an exciting player for our program.

12 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Glad he is getting some kind of minutes but what a season of purgatory after a coming out party in Olympic qualifying. 

It can surely only be some type of professionalism issue? Hope he gets a much better move next year. Really seemed to have all the tools to be an exciting player for our program.

There has to be something we aren’t seeing.  He looked absolute class during Olympic qualifying and was clearly better than many, many of the other players on the field.  I was sure he would kick on from that and raise his profile.   The fact that he hasn’t has to indicate something behind the scenes.  

38 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This match is on Amazon Prime if you are in France.

I'm not sure how you can watch it otherwise.

If anyone can get it to work by using their Prime account and a VPN, please let us know.

I usually head to atdhe for matches. Lots of pop-ups to wade through but I just checked and the game is on there.

Edit: Tried watching but the feed is sketchy. My observations...the pitch is swamp and the ref isn't making any friends with the Rodez fans. Nothing much on Justin other than he's in the middle.

Edited by PegCityCam

17 minutes ago, Big_M said:

almost had an assist for the opposing team with a ground pass straight to the feet of an opponent at the top of the box...but that wont be included in the beautiful post game video of his actions making him look like the best player on the pitch, right?

tbf, he recovered it right away

Not fully convinced he's a midfielder at this level. Broke up play pretty effectively in the first half, but he gave the ball away any time he tried anything other than the simplest possible pass.

I'd like to see him at CB. His biggest strength imo, is his very deliberate touch. With the u20s, he was very good at sidestepping attackers and moving the ball out from the defensive third. It seems like that hasn't quite translated to the middle of the park - at least not yet. If he's gonna be a cdm, he has to learn to drop deeper to get more involved.