Justin Smith

8 hours ago, VinceA said:

Pepple has yet to produce at the League 2 level let alone the Championship level.

FWIW he looked good with 2 assists in his first 6 games (he played 3 mins in one game, 6 in another, 13 in a third) before getting dropped around the end of last transfer window, prioritizing older (and club-owned) players to prevent them from finding themselves in the National League.

He is also property of Luton Town in the championship, so a club sees something promising in him, and it seems his current club cares less about his development. Would love for him to get a move in January to somewhere that will play him more, but he’s only turning 20 in a few weeks, still very young and of all the CPL players who have moved abroad, I think he has the highest ceiling.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, based on what we all saw at the U20s it was surprising to see him get so little playing time.  He seems to have a lot of good qualities - and what we see in those highlights seems consistent with that.   Not sure I want my CB dribbling between two attackers too often but in those clips he made a few nice passes to immediately relieve pressure and switch the play from defence to attack.   

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, based on what we all saw at the U20s it was surprising to see him get so little playing time.  He seems to have a lot of good qualities - and what we see in those highlights seems consistent with that.   Not sure I want my CB dribbling between two attackers too often but in those clips he made a few nice passes to immediately relieve pressure and switch the play from defence to attack.   

Dribbling attackers as a CB? The David Edgar special.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Doesnt it feel like hes a CDM playing as a CB when he does that.  

I hope he pulls an eric dier/ vincent kompany and his stint at CDM is to help his ball playing skills but is always destined to be a CB once his reading of the game is up to par/physical attributes. 

Interesting his last two games weee friendlies against PSG, who was actually the team he got his start with if I’m not mistaken.

At this point, it has to be a joke. I would never, but I almost wanna DM the guy on Instagram and ask how he always looks solid when he plays but can’t even come close to getting any time with Quevilly. They haven’t even thrown him on at like the 87th minute in a blowout or anything, it’s so weird. 

• 3 weeks later...