Justin Smith

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

simple...last year he was a d5 player not d1 as some like to think...getting called to first team camp happens all the time and doesnt mean the player has the quality to play on that team...oh but he sat on the bench of nice last year...yup making up numbers as nine were allowed on the bench...now hes getting a shot with the big boys...meanwhile got sent to the second team in the weekend in d5 and scored a goal...and u20 is u20...forget what he did there in the context of Ligue 2...nothing to do with each other

So making the bench in Ligue 1 is normal for him, but not making the bench in Ligue 2 is also normal for him. You make zero sense. And explain why they took him on loan?

Last year in L1 there was 9 players on the bench, This year in L2 theres 7 players on the bench

Last year in L1 he was on the bench 10 times, This year in L2 he has been on the bench 1 time (up to now)

Last year he played D5, This year hes playing D5 (up to now)

No need to complicate things. Can he get into games in L2? Maybe, its all up to him to prove that he deserves it and win a spot

Team has 6 points in 6 games and is fighting for survival with 4 teams going down so the coach and everyone else at the club has huge pressure for results and nothing will come easy

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

simple...last year he was a d5 player not d1 as some like to think...getting called to first team camp happens all the time and doesnt mean the player has the quality to play on that team...oh but he sat on the bench of nice last year...yup making up numbers as nine were allowed on the bench...now hes getting a shot with the big boys...meanwhile got sent to the second team in the weekend in d5 and scored a goal...and u20 is u20...forget what he did there in the context of Ligue 2...nothing to do with each other

Just surprised that Nice reserves play in D5.  Theo and the boys playing in England get loaned to D2/3 teams and actually play.  Plus, he was as good as the Americans, some of which are playing regularly in MLS… which is higher quality than France D2.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Not in the match group again today.

Did he not remember to sew the Canadian flag onto his kid bag? They must think he is from the US.

Or maybe it's just punishment for picking Canada lol

It's been an absolute disaster or almost Borges proportions so far. Hope Nice recall him and send him out elsewhere. He was head and shoulders about everyone else for the u20. Really frustrating for everyone.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Did he not remember to sew the Canadian flag onto his kid bag? They must think he is from the US.

Or maybe it's just punishment for picking Canada lol

It's been an absolute disaster or almost Borges proportions so far. Hope Nice recall him and send him out elsewhere. He was head and shoulders about everyone else for the u20. Really frustrating for everyone.

He was the best player from either team in the game against the US and a lot of those players are mls starters, maybe a MLS loan in January?

7 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

He was the best player from either team in the game against the US and a lot of those players are mls starters, maybe a MLS loan in January?

MLS transfer window is open from Feb-Beginning of May, so there's some extra time to try to stake out some PT in Europe. 

Seems like it's the same situation as Halbouni. They were good with the B team in the 4th tier, then they move to the second tier and playing time isn't available. Maybe both needed to go to third tier first. 

Edited by rydermike

Whole situation is a bit weird to me, a guy who consistently made the bench for the 4th biggest club in France can’t even get a appearance for a low table div 2 team even after scoring in pre-season, being amazing in the u20s and scoring in 1 of 2 games for the B team, I’m starting to think this might not just be based on his ability. Could it be attitude, nation, coach doesn’t like him?

13 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Whole situation is a bit weird to me, a guy who consistently made the bench for the 4th biggest club in France can’t even get a appearance for a low table div 2 team even after scoring in pre-season, being amazing in the u20s and scoring in 1 of 2 games for the B team, I’m starting to think this might not just be based on his ability. Could it be attitude, nation, coach doesn’t like him?

Sounds like he's getting Laryea'd

46 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

I don't think European clubs care about what players do for a team like Canada in youth competitions.

• 2 weeks later...