Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

1 hour ago, SwedishBadMan said:

hahaha, I'd say GTHA is "Toronto", as most of the talent from there gets noticed in that area and streamed to TFC Academy very very quickly. TFC also has academies in London and Windsor, but I won't go that far.

TFC Academy has a handful of Niagara kids, the way property and real estate keeps getting developed pretty much one city touching the other with limited greenspace south of Toronto. 

Edited by apbsmith

2 hours ago, SwedishBadMan said:

hahaha, I'd say GTHA is "Toronto", as most of the talent from there gets noticed in that area and streamed to TFC Academy very very quickly. TFC also has academies in London and Windsor, but I won't go that far.

Well then, using that math and logic, I assume anyone coming out of Ottawa will now be claimed as "belonging to the Greater Madrid Region"?  

A lot of present and former national team players have come out of the Toronto area and I won’t include Hamilton to Niagara . Moreover, it’s should not come as a surprise when considering the population of the GTA . I’m sure it’s like that for most countries, the area with the most population will usually see a lot of players coming from that area , it is what it is .

9 minutes ago, nolando said:

Dad Patrick made a list of the top 150 Canadian male basketball players of all time: https://canadaonefoundation.com/cba/top-150-canadian-players-of-all-time/

Brother Micah is 19 and seems to have played last for Quorn AFC in early 2020. He suited up for Canada as a U15 if I have the dates right: https://www.canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=5850&teamId=2073

Seems like Daniel has every reason to play for Canada

14 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Yipes, how big a circle are you putting around TO?  Does it include Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa as well? Do the Hamilton guys know they just get lumped in as from TO??  Hehehehehe.  

The extended Greater Toronto Area is actually called the "Golden Horseshoe" and Hamilton is probably less than a 45 minute drive from Etobicoke, Toronto.  Not much difference than Vancouver & a place like Langley.

Edited by Corazon

He's still a ways away from the senior side for England. Especially with Kane, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Foden, Grealish, Saka, Sterling and Watkins all firmly ahead of him.

Then you have the secondary group of players who are all also ahead with Calvert-Lewin, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, and Nketiah. 

England is a hype factory, next year I wouldn't be surprised if some random teenager scores a few goals in the Prem and he becomes alll the rave. 

I just hope Jebbison enjoys his time with the U19 squad. This is valuable experience whether or not he actually plays for the English senior side. 

2 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Jebbison called to England’s U-19 camp

I DMed his this message, along with the Sheff Utd post commenting on his England call-up:

"let them develop you, then come play with Phonzie and Canada *canada flag x3* "

He liked my message, so I think he knows exactly what he's doing. If you ask me, he's clearly committed to Canada, but he'd be a fool to turn down an England youth call-up. If he has ambitions of leaving for a bigger club, an England call-up boosts your stock tremendously. If we make 2022, don't be surprised if he comes. But I don't see him joining us for qualifiers or Gold Cup. That being said, making 2022 shows that we are at least a competent footballing nation, and that is what it would take to get him on board. Bomb qualifiers and England might be ahead in the race for commitment.