TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

On 9/15/2021 at 12:09 PM, gator said:

Whatever the actual attendance was this has to be concerning for the franchise, I understand the reasons for not going, pandemic, proof of vax, season is lost and all but this was a team that drew 30K and apparently had a waiting list for season tickets, even the supporter's section was sparsley occupied! 

56 minutes ago, to70 said:

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

xyO0n2Is_normal.jpg

EXCLUSIVE - Sebastian #Giovinco is set to return to #Toronto. He will join Toronto in the next days and he will play for them from the next January. He had chosen to comeback to sign new records on the #MLS. #transfers #TorontoFC #TFC

Man I had no idea ticket sales were that bad on Tuesday 

He will be 35 in January. He is a shell of his former self. This team needs to get younger. He is a team legend but come on, this is a basement dwelling team in need of a complete overhaul including the front office.

Hopefully this is fake news or this reeks of TFC taking a punt to appease some fans.  

Maybe I am just a grouch lol. 

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

He will be 35 in January. He is a shell of his former self. This team needs to get younger. He is a team legend but come on, this is a basement dwelling team in need of a complete overhaul including the front office.

Hopefully this is fake news or this reeks of TFC taking a punt to appease some fans.  

Maybe I am just a grouch lol. 

I'm sure you'll find a lot of agreement among TFC supporters, myself included.

I think "trying to save my job" is also at play here. 😞 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:54 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

The only thing you are proving is that you have a weak character. You met a guy, "interacted" with him, which I hope was fun, and now you are butt licking fanatically and trying to justify really dick-off behaviour.

I took a few days off from this board and return to see the guy who was whining about me "bullying" him now calling me a weak character, and doing so (ironically enough) through unprovoked bullying.

Keep it up, Jeffrey. Or don't, it won't make a lick of difference.

9 hours ago, RS said:

I took a few days off from this board and return to see the guy who was whining about me "bullying" him now calling me a weak character, and doing so (ironically enough) through unprovoked bullying.

Keep it up, Jeffrey. Or don't, it won't make a lick of difference.

Have you started interacting with Canadian TFC fans yet, Robert, to see how that might influence your opinion about the fanatic American manipulating the TFC social media accounts?

On 9/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, narduch said:

Morrow is retiring at the end of the season.

Morrow was my son’s favourite player before he passed away.

I have a nice framed picture of Morrow and Giovinco giving my wife and I game ball when TFC did a tribute to my son after he died.

Seeing the news about Giovinco coming back and Morrow retiring really got me choked up today.

I personally am not attending Whitecaps games because the corona pass. I had a blast at the first game back. Reluctantly went to the 2nd once they re instated the mask thing. Even though few observed that rule including myself, it dampened the atmosphere. Now with corona pass even though I'm vaccinated I won't be attending anymore games. Its against my values and just the overall atmosphere is a downer. I'd rather just go play soccer. Just my perspective and I'm sure I'm not the only one even if some are not exactly able to identify the reason going to a football match doesn't appeal to them at the moment 

I know its likely easy to say tfc suck so.. but the Caps have been decent and I'm still not at all motivated to go to a game. This is coming from a die hard who always considered sitting in the Southside at a Caps game his favorite thing to do

Edited by SpursFlu

5 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I personally am not attending Whitecaps games because the corona pass. I had a blast at the first game back. Reluctantly went to the 2nd once they re instated the mask thing. Even though few observed that rule including myself, it dampened the atmosphere. Now with corona pass even though I'm vaccinated I won't be attending anymore games. Its against my values and just the overall atmosphere is a downer. I'd rather just go play soccer. Just my perspective and I'm sure I'm not the only one even if some are not exactly able to identify the reason going to a football match doesn't appeal to them at the moment 

I know its likely easy to say tfc suck so.. but the Caps have been decent and I'm still not at all motivated to go to a game. This is coming from a die hard who always considered sitting in the Southside at a Caps game his favorite thing to do

Oh please !

The defense didnt look so bad tonight.  Can it be that Mavinga has gotten so bad Zav is an upgrade...the CBs didnt look horrible tonight.    Oso looking good, Achara and Shaff working hard, doing positive things out there.  Bono with some nice saves....woo hooo here comes the big playoff push!!  

14 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Rollins doesnt agree with his grass maitinence regimen?  Or maybe they both dated the same girl in high school?  

Rollins has been very critical of the pitch quality at BMO (oftentimes correctly), and that led to some Twitter handbags in the past. The account was started and run by the original groundskeeper, who has since moved on to another job.

There was a period a decade ago when Rollins took himself seriously and did some good work.  Now the guy is just a joke.  His twitter feed has become a deranged stream of nonsense about stuff he encounters during the course of his day.  His podcast went from insightful to cringe the last few years.  No idea why anyone still listens.