TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

3 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

The field looks in horrible shape. 

Not sure how Osorio missed that sitter. 

It looks like the ball bounced up higher than expected and went off his knee.

Mostly Canuck options on the bench so I hope they make some subs in the 2nd half. Unfortunately the worst player on the field has been Auro and there isn’t really a Canadian that can come on for him unless they want to try Dunn out of position. Maybe move Laryea to right back, Lawrence to left back and put Dunn in the middle. 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, canuckgbp said:

These are some of the tweets if you are curious. 

Who knows how credible it is. He did say in another tweet Giovinco was 99% done... whatever that means. He was wrong about the interim TFC manager this summer so idk. Huge grain of salt for me. 

Pirlo has been heavily rumored to replace Koeman at Barça this week, amongst a few others. Don't think it's a real possibility but just saying: when rumours fly its more about the ones encouraging the rumours than anything else. He's in the market. Reporting it the way Rollins does is childish and shows he doesn't even grasp how a hiring is done. 

TFC : you have 4 months to sort out next year's coach, no rush. 

I just hope they hire the new coach early enough that he can have some say in personel for next year.  A big part of Armas problem is he was saddled with players that couldnt or didnt buy into what he wanted to do, and he didnt have enough flexibility in his coaching to make it work until the roster was altered.  A big chunk of that has to land on the front office.  Vanney signed with LA a month after the season ended, and he had some say in the revamping of the team and the new blood coming in.  We should at least trust whoever new coach is a bit and if he wants to move on from the "sacred cows" in TFC lineup, let him do it.  

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/how-the-la-galaxy-rebuilt-their-roster-to-accelerate-the-greg-vanney-era

Another good effort by TFC, but it helps when you are playing the other bottom dwellers.  Perez may have finally stopped the defensive insanity.  Lawerence (has he played alot of CB before?) looks miles better at CB than mavinga has this year.  Lareya has got a nice partnership going with the hot hand Shaff.  The set plays with Soteldo looking for Gonzalez keep paying off.  Bradley looked rested and more effective.  I sure hope these last few games will show the braintrust which guys are worth keeping around, who actually gutted it out when the season was in the toilet, which gets me to the next point.....

Poz looks like he would be back today..but then maybe he isnt ready or is something going on ??  Makes me wonder Jozy..is he even injured or is he just sitting out the rest of the season??  

On 9/30/2021 at 1:45 PM, narduch said:

A lot of the media guys are speculating Perez will be back.

It would not surprise me to the least. Unless there is someone on the international scene they are targeting I could see this happening. As we have seen their are always risks involved when bringing in a name coach. 

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Gotta agree with @reggietfc.  I would be shocked if Perez is still the coach next season, even knowing how dysfunctional the front office appears to be.  If he wins the final 6 games they will be forced to consider him but they really should be exposing the youth to MLS and therefore shouldn’t be winning the last 6 games.

As Shaffleburg and Priso before his unfortunate injury showed it doesn't necessarily weaken the team playing the youth!

21 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Genaro Gattuso would be good for a laugh and is exactly the sort of big name they are likely to go for right now:

Even with the decent play of late, TFC may need a good laugh, the season has been trying, not a lot fun. 

Here is a riddle for you....TFC2 playing right now at home.  How many of the young guns are  getting time???  Nelsen, Rutty, Singh, Okello, Dunn???  If you guesed none, and none on the bench you would be the winner of...the "what the hell are they doing at TFC" sweepstakes??  Have they got the senior team in a concentrated min camp or something? Roster rules about guys jumping back and forth??  Someone fill me in.  

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Here is a riddle for you....TFC2 playing right now at home.  How many of the young guns are  getting time???  Nelsen, Rutty, Singh, Okello, Dunn???  If you guesed none, and none on the bench you would be the winner of...the "what the hell are they doing at TFC" sweepstakes??  Have they got the senior team in a concentrated min camp or something? Roster rules about guys jumping back and forth??  Someone fill me in.  

There are no roster rules that would have prevented any of the first team kids from playing in today's USL match. I know that the first team has returned to training so the mindset may be just have them take part in that with six away on international duty. But to be honest it is a bit of a head scratcher as how could a run out be a bad thing? The more I think about it I simply do not get it. 

Get them out on loans at the appropriate level (Between TFC 2 USL 1 and MLS), with regular minutes in a consistent setting. Yoyoing between TFC 2 and TFC doesn't seem to be the answer. It is too large a gap. 

Rocco Romeo is out on loan at Valour FC getting regular minutes in a professional environment. Why don't we have 4-5 others doing the same? If they still can't crack TFC then plan to move them on. 

I was thinking even just to get into game shape etc.  Dunn has only played a handful of competitive games all year.   At least Nelsen, Singh and Rutty have a 6-8 USL-1 games to go with the cup of coffee with the big club.   If he is healthy I dont see why he wouldnt get a run out with TFC2 while the big club isnt playing, unless he is hurt again???  The guy has to be itching to play somewhere........

28 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

How much money does a guy like Insigne make with Napoli?  Ie is a DP contract for 4-5 million more than he would make over there?!

According to Gazzetta, last season Insigne made 4.5 million Euros NET (after tax).