TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

3 hours ago, Metro said:

I'm having an endless debate with a friend of mine where I DO believe he is capable of playing at a DP level but the lack of support from his teammates is really killing his game. 

One example was last night in the first half when he was able to create space for himself at the top corner of the box but when he looked up to see who was making the run, all his teammates were staring back at him, marked and motionless.  For me, that's just poor preparation from the coaching staff.

I think its a bit of both.  On the one hand, its looks like he needs time to integrate and develop that chemistry with his team mates (and vice versa).  On the other hand, we have seen other DP talents (or international talents come in on TAM contracts) fit in much more quickly. We can see that the talent is there hence, for now, its more of a wait and see IMHO.    Therefore i hope that they dont throw in the towel too quickly and give him a chance to see what he can do next year.  This season pretty much a write off anyways.  

Edited by Free kick

There’s more than I would like but that last one is damning….

I think it says everything on where they view their youth, and how. Basically… we don’t think they’re ready and any better than what we have now. Also, we’re insane, we believe that we can still make the playoffs using these current players who haven’t been good enough and are also the reason we’re in last place. 

At this point it’s safe to say Perez and TFC Brass are delusional, either Perez is having his buttons pushed, or it’s both he and Curtis, but accountability is needed. I don’t see how Ali Curtis can be the GM going forward and even Manning’s job should be in question, for Perez it seems like he’s willing to try and shake things up but why is he not willing to try youth at CB ? What’s going on there ? Clearly there’s something else at play because he’s been willing to use Priso and Okello over Bradley..

17 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

There’s more than I would like but that last one is damning….

I think it says everything on where they view their youth, and how. Basically… we don’t think they’re ready and any better than what we have now. Also, we’re insane, we believe that we can still make the playoffs using these current players who haven’t been good enough and are also the reason we’re in last place. 

At this point it’s safe to say Perez and TFC Brass are delusional, either Perez is having his buttons pushed, or it’s both he and Curtis, but accountability is needed. I don’t see how Ali Curtis can be the GM going forward and even Manning’s job should be in question, for Perez it seems like he’s willing to try and shake things up but why is he not willing to try youth at CB ? What’s going on there ? Clearly there’s something else at play because he’s been willing to use Priso and Okello over Bradley..

3rd coach and still not playing the kids, strong feeling the coach isn't the one making decisions here.

While he isn’t exactly Mr Personality, he does have something of a resume.  Frankly he is a caretaker in a disaster of a season and as I think he will go along with whatever party line is being projected, he will finish the season and a “real” coach will be in place for next season.  Hopefully they will use this opportunity to give some of the youngsters playing time and give Poz and Soltaldo some rest occasionally.  Gear up for the Canadian Championship and let the kids cut their teeth in the MLS.  Is there a top defender available in the draft next year?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the lineup tonight. You're up against the 2nd worst team in the league and playoffs a long ways away, why is every mediocre veteran starting tonight and none of the kids they claimed they were going to play this season? I get they left Dunn, Singh and everyone else with TFC II, but it seems like a weird decision. The team just looks lifeless.

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

If you've been watching TFC the last few years..you totally expected this and are used to it.  Its not even worth arguing about anymore.  I'm thinking of switching to youtube and watching TFC2 play omaha right now.  

Actually TFC2 is prob a better game and there is no Caldwell to assault your ears.  

Edited by Bison44

17 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Toronto FC is a horrible organization giving this to Canadian soccer 

mister rogers middle finger GIF

What the fuck is the point of MLS if this is how they are being used for in Canada.

Fuck them

I sort of hinted at this in the National Team forum, but you will be hard pressed to find American MLS teams that play as many Americans as TFC does.

Cincinnati started 2 Americans today.

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

I sort of hinted at this in the National Team forum, but you will be hard pressed to find American MLS teams that play as many Americans as TFC does.

Cincinnati started 2 Americans today.

Very true, but we don't have to replicate the American mistakes...CPL is doing right by Canadian soccer 

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Very true, but we don't have to replicate the American mistakes...CPL is doing right by Canadian soccer 

Seems like some good young fullback options within CPL that you would think TFC would be looking at. Maybe next season they will look at the league for some value.

With the shortened season last year not enough to showcase the young talent. 

I stopped watching at the half and went over to montreal...(i know i know, what can i say..die hard tfc fan).  Did anything good come out of the second half?  I'm sure Delgado played well..ran around a lot?  Both top choice CB's were in there...must have been good defense eh??  And our wonderul retread/rehashed american strike team of Dwyer(hes on a multiyear contract..woo hooo) and Mullins..are they still on their goose egg for the season?? 

On 8/22/2021 at 12:34 PM, Free kick said:

I think its a bit of both.  On the one hand, its looks like he needs time to integrate and develop that chemistry with his team mates (and vice versa).  On the other hand, we have seen other DP talents (or international talents come in on TAM contracts) fit in much more quickly. We can see that the talent is there hence, for now, its more of a wait and see IMHO.    Therefore i hope that they dont throw in the towel too quickly and give him a chance to see what he can do next year.  This season pretty much a write off anyways.  

Albeit a poor match upon which to base my opinion but last night I saw him have good passing options yet he just tried to do it himself.

This team has no heart and is a disgrace to the supporters.  It needs a complete renovation, not a rebuild on the fly.