TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

21 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

This has to be from the front office right? No way Perez is this thick? 

Maybe we are expecting too much with Curtis and Manning still at the helm. They clearly have no plan. I am assuming Curtis is only still employed because he pushes the paper work. (Didn't they give him an extension not so long ago?)

Maybe Manning is trying to figure out how to pitch to the board that they had to buy out Armas for whatever he had left, will need to buyout Jozy DP wage for next year (They get one buyout that doesn't count against the cap) and now potentially a Curtis buyout (I am assuming all that is guaranteed but could be wrong)

I have no idea what is going on in the front office, it does seem like quite the train wreck with all kinds of suspense and speculation for those who follow that, I just want to see the young Canadians get a fair look, why would the management not want to see what they have at this point? (I was being a tad sarcastic in my previous post) If some of these youngsters actually get some meaningful minutes and they don't look like they are going to cut it at this level the club and player can move on and many of us on this board will be happy, for now!

7 minutes ago, gator said:

I have no idea what is going on in the front office, it does seem like quite the train wreck with all kinds of suspense and speculation for those who follow that, I just want to see the young Canadians get a fair look, why would the management not want to see what they have at this point? (I was being a tad sarcastic in my previous post) If some of these youngsters actually get some meaningful minutes and they don't look like they are going to cut it at this level the club and player can move on and many of us on this board will be happy, for now!

This is an awesome song...

40 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Wow. Forgot Gallardo is still on the books. Not playing because we don't have enough international slots? Par for the course. 

I think we are using 7..which means we should have 4 more, but I dont remember how many we traded away.  But we should have at least 1-2 left to use.

10 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think we are using 7..which means we should have 4 more, but I dont remember how many we traded away.  But we should have at least 1-2 left to use.

Toronto FC trades international slot to Orlando for allocation money (sportsnet.ca)

"Toronto FC acquired US$200,000 in general allocation money Tuesday from Orlando City SC in exchange for an international roster spot.

It marks the second time in seven days that TFC has traded away an international slot. On April 20, it sent one to FC Dallas for $225,000 in general allocation money.

In 2021, Major League Soccer has a total of 216 international roster slots divided among its 27 clubs. The roster slots are tradable, with no limit on the number of international slots a team can have.

Toronto currently has seven international players - Ifunanyachi Achara (Nigeria), Auro (Brazil), Tsubasa Endoh (Japan), Yeferson Soteldo and Erickson Gallardo (Venezuela), Chris Mavinga (France) and Alejandro Pozuelo (Spain) - on its first-team roster.

But players on injured reserve do not occupy a roster slot so the team is currently only using five of its seven international slots - with Achara and Gallardo on injured reserve."

I remember reading Gallardo can't play because they are out of international slots. Remember that making the rounds but can't find a story a quick search. Could be mistaken. 

Edit- If it is not a roster issue then why isn't he with TFC. He is in the stands for this one. How long does conditioning take? Seemed he was loaned about a month ago to TFC 2

Edited by canuckgbp