TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

25 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

There was a period a decade ago when Rollins took himself seriously and did some good work.  Now the guy is just a joke.  His twitter feed has become a deranged stream of nonsense about stuff he encounters during the course of his day.  His podcast went from insightful to cringe the last few years.  No idea why anyone still listens.  

When did he do good work? As far as I can tell, he's been a self-important knobhead since he used to post his nonsense on this board more than a decade ago.

14 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

When did he do good work? As far as I can tell, he's been a self-important knobhead since he used to post his nonsense on this board more than a decade ago.

When he was breaking news out of the CSA/CPL and had interesting guests on his show.

Now he breaks nothing and his show is just a series of rants about things he often isn't informed on.  His twitter is truly sad though.  Oversharing on everything he encounters in his daily life.  Really cringe.  I feel embarrassed for him at times.

7 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Unless the Seba stuff is MLSE driven, I am shocked that TFC management would be  allowed to sign any players for 2022 prior to a thorough  post season review of Manning, Curtis etc and would be a very bad sign as to the future direction of the club.

It really stinks of a TFC distraction.  Everyone lets talk about Seba coming back, getting the gang back together, remember 2017?? Wasnt that great, and just forget those guys are all 33-34, and the ones we kept, need to be gotten rid of.  

His contract is up after this year right? Just turned 30, can't seem to get healthy. Seems this will only get worse with age. Similar to what happened with Altidore when he signed his last contract, just couldn't stay on the field. Poz is a great player but your DPs need to be available. 

Maybe I am off base but I don't think this is a rubber stamp type of extension which is hard to say. I really enjoy watching him play. Also not convinced he works well with Soteldo but they haven't had that many games together. 

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Believe Pozuelo has 1 more year after this one.

Thought it was a 3 year deal but could be wrong. (2019,2020,2021) Another year buys them some time and if he can't stay healthy next year then I imagine that may be it. 

Edit- Yeah you are correct. Dug up a tweet saying it is a 4 year deal. 

Edited by canuckgbp

So Shaff has been playing well and he gets dropped?

Is Lawrence in at CB again? If so how does this help the team for next year? Or is Auro in a wide midfield position? If that is the case I would like to see Shaff or JMR instead. 

So Perez can’t find another youngster to put on the bench so they have to put another keeper on it? 

Don’t worry folks! 35 year old Giovinco may be announced soon. Remember to get your season tickets for next year! 

edit- maybe it is Laryea in wide midfield 

Edited by canuckgbp