TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

Oh boy.  Wheels is showing where his loyalties lie here.  Ollie makes more sense in my opinion.  

The team fought hard after going down and should not hang their heads.  Except for Mavinga, how many penalties has he given up now? When does he get into the "I'll never trust him ever" Henry type territory. 

I tried putting a voo doo hex on a few guys....I wont name names, but I am one for three after one try.  

9 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Edit- If it is not a roster issue then why isn't he with TFC. He is in the stands for this one. How long does conditioning take? Seemed he was loaned about a month ago to TFC 2

No idea if it's international spots, but if it isn't, he had posted on social media on Monday that he had Covid and just recovered. That explains some of the absence (at least from TFC2) 

Tried to take a screenshot of the highlights but it appears to big to post, it looks like one of those photos where they remove the ball from the picture & ask you to guess where it is. Only its not that but a screen shot from the TFC highlights video where you can't see the ball because it's behind the keeper but you can clearly see the goal line and the ball isn't on it. Shaff got the shaft here. Good for Perez for finally showing some personality and accusing the VAR official of bias - he had a laptop with I think the same screenshot on his desk for the post match interview and said it is difficult to believe that this wasn't done on purpose, calling out Canadian VAR official Geoff Gamble (he also complained about the 3 Miami players who encroached on the PK and weren't called).

Edited by Gian-Luca

I've seen TFC fans posting screenshots all over twitter and none of them show the ball to be clearly over. I don't think there's anyone to blame there, really, other than whoever decided to have cameras set up on the end line from one side only.

The penalty (the run-up and the encroachment, not the call itself) was a travesty.

13 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Does this picture shows the ball over the goal line ?

image.png.07ab763d763e3f7a03119708c8ab422f.png

Yeah that’s a blow up of what I was trying to post earlier although I do now see that even the shadow of the ball has crossed the line, making it even more conclusive. It is perhaps just as well that such a farce occurred at this part of the season if it was going to happen rather than in a game that meant something. On the other hand, Impact fans might feel aggrieved by this photo given their playoff push.

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

The laugh of the day is TFC announcing an attendance of 7,970 last night 

Whatever the actual attendance was this has to be concerning for the franchise, I understand the reasons for not going, pandemic, proof of vax, season is lost and all but this was a team that drew 30K and apparently had a waiting list for season tickets, even the supporter's section was sparsley occupied! 

28 minutes ago, gator said:

Whatever the actual attendance was this has to be concerning for the franchise, I understand the reasons for not going, pandemic, proof of vax, season is lost and all but this was a team that drew 30K and apparently had a waiting list for season tickets, even the supporter's section was sparsley occupied! 

Proof of vax starts on the 22nd.

I'm just hoping the poor attendance causing MLSE to take a look at Manning and can him.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Proof of vax starts on the 22nd.

I'm just hoping the poor attendance causing MLSE to take a look at Manning and can him.

I wasn't sure whether ML$E had began this policy yet, one less excuse to not be at the match, it was actually quite an entertaining match with some nice play from our Canadians and loads of controversy!

7 minutes ago, gator said:

I wasn't sure whether ML$E had began this policy yet, one less excuse to not be at the match, it was actually quite an entertaining match with some nice play from our Canadians and loads of controversy!

How bad was the Endoh injury??  It was bathtime at my house and I missed the first 15 minutes

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

How bad was the Endoh injury??  It was bathtime at my house and I missed the first 15 minutes

It was a hamstring, no contact, he was chasing a ball down then pulled up and signalled for a change immediately, I don't wish injury on any player but this will surely keep him out for weeks and maybe for the season, why wasn't Shaffleberg starting anyway, he looked good last night?

22 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think the rule of thumb is normally to go against the first team to encroach - Higuain seems to have been the first with both feet firmly planted well inside the box. 

Not quite.  Encroachment by both teams results in a retaken penalty, regardless of who encroached first and whether a goal was scored.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Morrow is retiring at the end of the season.

Good luck to him. He was always one of my favourite players even before TFC, always working his ass off. Had a good nose for the net in his prime. 

I hope Morrow continues to have as great a career off the field as he did on it.

Edited by Trois Reds
Changing wording

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

xyO0n2Is_normal.jpg

EXCLUSIVE - Sebastian #Giovinco is set to return to #Toronto. He will join Toronto in the next days and he will play for them from the next January. He had chosen to comeback to sign new records on the #MLS. #transfers #TorontoFC #TFC