TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

2 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Will York turn them over?

On paper they shouldn't, TFC will be forced to play some Canadians that actually care about this match and the Cup, they should have enough overall talent and with the home filed advantage I think TFC wins! However TFC are a train wreck and you just never know, I watched York live yesterday, they were able to absorb lots of Forge pressure without conceding, maybe they can do the same in this match!

14 hours ago, Ansem said:

Screenshot_20210911-231743_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7bc227ac8f7068f23ed212bc68718838.jpg

This is what you get for calling them Team America.

Fuck TFC 

The twitter admin is Eric Giacometti, a USMNT fan (not even kidding).  He tweeted back in the summer from his own account how hard it was to see Akinola switch.

He posted this before the game in Nashville last week

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

10 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

The twitter admin is Eric Giacometti, a USMNT fan (not even kidding).  He tweeted back in the summer from his own account how hard it was to see Akinola switch.

Giacometti's American. I know that's a crime on this board, but he's naturally going to be a USMNT fan given that he's also a soccer-lover.

He took over as the TFC admin when his (former) Canadian bosses moved on to other ventures. He is the former Red Bulls admin (but moved to to TFC under the Bezbatchenko era).

22 minutes ago, RS said:

Giacometti's American. I know that's a crime on this board, but he's naturally going to be a USMNT fan given that he's also a soccer-lover.

He took over as the TFC admin when his (former) Canadian bosses moved on to other ventures. He is the former Red Bulls admin (but moved to to TFC under the Bezbatchenko era).

The problem is not that he's a USMNT fan.  The problem is that they're hiring a USMNT fan.  This isn't some high IQ job.  Nobody making the hiring decisions cares if their twitter Admin is out there trolling Canadians on twitter.  

Just now, CanadianSoccerFan said:

The problem is not that he's a USMNT fan.  The problem is that they're hiring a USMNT fan.  This isn't some high IQ job.  Nobody making the hiring decisions cares if their twitter Admin is out there trolling Canadians on twitter.  

We're so soft that we can't even take a little but of (obviously friendly) trolling from a guy who also posted this.

He's tweeted pro-Canada stuff before.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Lol. This is like saying I can't be racist because I have a black friend. 

No, no it's not. That's ridiculous and not even on the same scale. Jesus Christ.

Seeing how @Ansem posts on here and on Twitter I'm not going to automatically take his side of the story as gospel. It could've been just a case of it being a "last straw" kind of thing, especially when Ansem goes personal. Even so, he's unblocked now.

Actually knowing Giacometti a little bit gives me some perspective on this. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

No, no it's not. That's ridiculous and not even on the same scale. Jesus Christ.

Seeing how @Ansem posts on here and on Twitter I'm not going to automatically take his side of the story as gospel. It could've been just a case of it being a "last straw" kind of thing, especially when Ansem goes personal. Even so, he's unblocked now.

Actually knowing Giacometti a little bit gives me some perspective on this. 

Ah so basically you are defending a friend.

I saw Ansem's tweet. Giamatti comes across as a giant baby for blocking him for that.

He really isn't fit for the job if that is how he handles it.

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

Ah so basically you are defending a friend.

Nope. I know him and have interacted with him over the years. That doesn't mean he's a friend, but I'm confident enough to say that I know his personality and character better than people calling him a joke over a single Twitter block.

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

I saw Ansem's tweet.

Good? So did I.

I've seen his posts here and other tweets of his in the past and came to a different conclusion.

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Nope. I know him and have interacted with him over the years. That doesn't mean he's a friend, but I'm confident enough to say that I know his personality and character better than people calling him a joke over a single Twitter block.

Good? So did I.

I've seen his posts here and other tweets of his in the past and came to a different conclusion.

Media guys circling the wagon whenever someone criticizes one of their own basically. 

Blocking just shows what a thin skinned loser this Giacometti guy is.

Also pretty hilarious that they could only find an American for this job too.

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

Media guys circling the wagon whenever someone criticizes one of their own basically. 

Why is everything so black and white to you? I'm suggesting that maybe I have a bit better insight into someone that I've actually met and interacted with, and you respond that it's "circling the wagon." At least you're not equating it to racism, so I guess that's an improvement.

I'm also suggesting that the guy who started a thread of personal tweets, one of which he admitted was a personal attack, over being blocked on Twitter is probably not the one whose story you should be taking as gospel even though you dislike the current state of the team. Same guy tagged Victor Montagliani and Canada Soccer in his whining about being blocked, so I'm not sure you're levelling the "thin-skinned loser" label at the right person.

18 minutes ago, RS said:

Why is everything so black and white to you? I'm suggesting that maybe I have a bit better insight into someone that I've actually met and interacted with, and you respond that it's "circling the wagon." At least you're not equating it to racism, so I guess that's an improvement.

I'm also suggesting that the guy who started a thread of personal tweets, one of which he admitted was a personal attack, over being blocked on Twitter is probably not the one whose story you should be taking as gospel even though you dislike the current state of the team. Same guy tagged Victor Montagliani and Canada Soccer in his whining about being blocked, so I'm not sure you're levelling the "thin-skinned loser" label at the right person.

The tweet that somehow warranted a block

None of my tweets towards him were personal attacks afterwards

The one I deleted was criticizing the way he was doing his job on an account that doesn't belong to him censoring opinions he took personal somehow. I deleted because he reversed his decision hence unnecessary.

Like I said - get a drink. Enjoy your Sunday!

Edited by Ansem

When a Canadian based MLS team is managed by Americans from the president to their media guy and the team starts more Americans that most of the American based teams at the expense of Canadians there is going to be criticism! That tweet that was blocked makes this guy look more like a propagandist than media coordinator or whatever his title is, were there no qualified Canadians around for that job?

On 9/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, gator said:

When a Canadian based MLS team is managed by Americans from the president to their media guy and the team starts more Americans that most of the American based teams at the expense of Canadians there is going to be criticism! That tweet that was blocked makes this guy look more like a propagandist than media coordinator or whatever his title is, were there no qualified Canadians around for that job?

I'm too lazy to do this. But I bet if you counted minutes by Americans for all MLS clubs, TFC would be the league leaders.

Edited by narduch

On 9/12/2021 at 12:23 PM, narduch said:

@RSfinds new ways to embarrass himself on this board every week. 

But don't call him a "media guy", there is no evidence he has any media nous whatsoever, he can't even understand the basic principle being exposed. Blocking TFC fans from criticizing in a light-hearted way, an even silly way, what is going on with the worst team in the league, that is pathetic. Many fans are simply arguing that if you going to play so badly, at least change the players and stop with this unjustified limitation on Canadian player development. If the team was doing well the criticism of Americans on the team would be much lower--as we've seen in the past.

If you have any social media sense you understand that everything goes, and the buzz of all thrust and parry is positive except for those tweets that clearly break an ethical code based on some hard criteria, or are objectively abusive, and even then, not just one-off cases, repeated.

On 9/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, RS said:

The only thing you are proving is that you have a weak character. You met a guy, "interacted" with him, which I hope was fun, and now you are butt licking fanatically and trying to justify really dick-off behaviour.

On social media, which you claim to understand (proving you don't with every post).

Reminder we are on a Canadian soccer board, maybe you should get out and interact with a few Canadians and see how that influences your views.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

they are protecting there young players,too much pressure to play them at home in front of 2000 fans tonight

They are in a play off race, this is no time to evaluate young talent, they can make mistakes that can keep TFC out of the play offs, Endoh is a good safe bet in this lineup, we should be pleased 2 Canadians have been given the opportunity amongst this very talented lineup!

1 minute ago, gator said:

They are in a play off race, this is no time to evaluate young talent, they can make mistakes that can keep TFC out of the play offs, Endoh is a good safe bet in this lineup, we should be pleased 2 Canadians have been given the opportunity amongst this very talented lineup!

This has to be from the front office right? No way Perez is this thick? 

Maybe we are expecting too much with Curtis and Manning still at the helm. They clearly have no plan. I am assuming Curtis is only still employed because he pushes the paper work. (Didn't they give him an extension not so long ago?)

Maybe Manning is trying to figure out how to pitch to the board that they had to buy out Armas for whatever he had left, will need to buyout Jozy DP wage for next year (They get one buyout that doesn't count against the cap) and now potentially a Curtis buyout (I am assuming all that is guaranteed but could be wrong)