TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

16 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I dont get a sense that he has fallen out of favour with Herdman.  He was prominant in the October window.  The november window had unique challenges (ie.:  pitch and climate) that favoured a more direct game and less ball dribbling and control.  Hence not best suited to his skills.

I agree, but players themselves sometimes don't see that and some handle that better than others.

32 minutes ago, Free kick said:

What i dont understand is:  with the GM gone for several weeks now.  And the new coach on board for only few days now,  who is respresenting TFC in the talks.

Bob Bradley is the coach and "sporting director".  I assumed the second half of that was like a pseudo-GM.  He makes the decisions and a capologist makes sure it works.

50 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Bob Bradley is the coach and "sporting director".  I assumed the second half of that was like a pseudo-GM.  He makes the decisions and a capologist makes sure it works.

That's my understanding.  There is no way someone like Bradley would agree to come here if he had someone looking over his shoulder when building/running the club.

I am guessing Bradley runs the day to day stuff and Manning helps out with the "big whale" signings, including getting the OK from the Board. 

On 12/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, yomurphy1 said:

Yeah. I'm a big believer in the peter principle.

I was deeply underwhelmed by Armas but there's a world were he may be a serviceable or even good assistant. 

I think most folks don't realise that Lawrence Peter was a Canadian, as was the co-author of The Peter Principle. And that the concept was conceived in Vancouver, during a casual conversation between the two.