TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

15 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

He plays a great defensive striker.  Offensive striker not so much.

He’s just a guy. Shouldn’t be starting. You want to bring him on to protect a lead then fine. Otherwise he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup.

Over payed for what he provides a team in my opinion. He can’t even make penetrating runs to help in the final third. 

I am sure the team can find cheaper depth forward that can run all day, chase down balls and maybe provide a hint of offensive upside. Maybe homegrown talent? 

Unfortunately this team has a number of over payed veterans that shouldn’t be part of a winning team…Dwyer is another one. 

Guess I’m just frustrated this team is horrible but they don’t really seem to have an eye on the future. A plan. A pathway for young players. 

When they were winning young players not getting a look could be justified. Had to earn your place. 

Now not so much. 

Edited by canuckgbp

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Why the hell is Mullins starting… can we not give Rutty or Shaffleburg time 

Mullins simply does not offer anything at this point, give the kids the chance to show what they got. Hey if the Reds win Wednesday they will be out of the basement, have some pride and get it done. 

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

I am amazed Mullins is on 250k and is getting starting minutes in this league. 

Remember when we swapped Hamilton for Mullins after Jordan got 4 goals in 700min??  Ahhh, good times!!  Oh and I believe we threw in an international roster spot we werent using anyways cause we have so many americans.  

What is even more crazy is that they put DeLeon on the bench. I read that he is not able to travel to Canada so he isn't even training with the team. He has also said he won't sign for a Canadian team next season.

So to sum it up. He doesn't train with the team, he only plays road US games, he won't be back next season, he's another useless American veteran. But still he makes the bench!!!!??

11 minutes ago, Count Lippizig said:

What I am trying to find out though... is Var  and goal line technology two different systems

Yes.  VAR for the most part is a review of existing camera angles etc.  Goal line can be special high speed cameras that triangulate the position of the ball, or a chip in the ball and a magnetic field from a thin wire in the goal frame to see if it crossed.  Goal line tech is very expensive, VAR not so much as it uses a lot of existing systems, ie lets the ref see the replays we are seeing as it happens at home.  

On 9/26/2021 at 6:08 AM, Stryker911 said:

What is even more crazy is that they put DeLeon on the bench. I read that he is not able to travel to Canada so he isn't even training with the team. He has also said he won't sign for a Canadian team next season.

So to sum it up. He doesn't train with the team, he only plays road US games, he won't be back next season, he's another useless American veteran. But still he makes the bench!!!!??

He is allowed to travel to Canada and already has played games in Toronto.

27 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Think Rollins has been hinting at this within his Giovinco love affair tweets.  

Did not know or notice that. Interesting, think once it is official that Javier Perez is not returning the floodgates on stories regarding a possible coaching candidate will open. Do not really have a feel for what direction this goes yet. 

3 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Did not know or notice that. Interesting, think once it is official that Javier Perez is not returning the floodgates on stories regarding a possible coaching candidate will open. Do not really have a feel for what direction this goes yet. 

These are some of the tweets if you are curious. 

Who knows how credible it is. He did say in another tweet Giovinco was 99% done... whatever that means. He was wrong about the interim TFC manager this summer so idk. Huge grain of salt for me. 

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

These are some of the tweets if you are curious. 

Who knows how credible it is. He did say in another tweet Giovinco was 99% done... whatever that means. He was wrong about the interim TFC manager this summer so idk. Huge grain of salt for me. 

The entire TFC coaching search should be taken with a grain of salt as speculation will be flying everywhere at least until we get some sense of direction MLSE is going with it. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

The entire TFC coaching search should be taken with a grain of salt as speculation will be flying everywhere at least until we get some sense of direction MLSE is going with it. 

Considering the goobers doing the search are the same guys who brought us Armas, nothing would surprise me.  I thought Soteldo was a good signing at first but now I am wondering about that one too.