USA National Team Watch

Macksam

35 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

As I said, we have beat them once in the past 15 years. That’s the win I’m referencing. 

It doesn’t sound as bad if you also said we’ve only played them 12 times since 1996. 3 wins, 8 draws and only 1 loss. 

• 1 month later...

Some big MLS USMNT news today:

Philadelphia defender Mark Mckenzie off to Genk in Belgium and young Dallas fullback Brian Reynolds to Juve (probably to be loaned out, possibly to Cagliari, from there).

Add that to Philly already transferring Brendan Aaronson to Red Bull Salzburg.

Need our Canadian MLS teams to start transferring over young Canadians like that.

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Need our Canadian MLS teams to start transferring over young Canadians like that.

We need them to develop and play young Canadians first before they can be sold overseas. But I do hope we start to see Canadian MLS kids move overseas.

Edited by Nate3322

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the highlights, and while T&T looked dreadful, their one highlight was that Ryan Telfer drew a penalty for them, which another player failed to convert. While the 7 goals for an under-strength US team doesn't do the "Hey Ayo, we Americans really need you!" argument much good, at the same time its somewhat depressing that the only Canadian player to take part in any international action over the past 12 months is Ryan Telfer, and for another country.

Ayos watching that game saying, “so John about that used car you were telling me about - I want in”

...Because like I said, it’ll be very hard to get in that USA senior squad much less make appearances when it matters. With less friendlies in the pipeline as well, only means less opportunities.

Jesus Ferreira is a kid I rate very highly, he’s all round better player than Ayo right now, and he probably won’t even get the call. As much as we are in a golden generation, the US are definitely in one too.

Edited by Shway

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The T&T squad was awful. The USA would have been better off playing just about any other Caribbean side. This was like a C squad for T&T and yet another waste of a match for the Americans. 

Their league isn't even running due to Covid.

31 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The T&T squad was awful. The USA would have been better off playing just about any other Caribbean side. This was like a C squad for T&T and yet another waste of a match for the Americans. 

“Waste of a match”.... says no one.

Anything is better than playing an intersquad match. Literally anything.

That C-team matchup was just the reality of depth. 

Ya a national team that hasn’t played a game in how long? With excuse over excuse and more excuses on why no games have been played. But we can come on here and comment on another country who has at least played some games no matter how weak the opposition has been, and say that the game was a waste ya ok. They were actually scheduled to play Serbia but at the last moment they had to pull out. At least they still went ahead and found another country to come in and play , I doubt are great CSA would have gone ahead and found another national team to play if they were in the same predicament , they would have just shrugged their shoulders and just said oh well. We have all these MLS players and with some CPL ones doing nothing and your telling me we couldn’t have played a Caribbean or Central American country or two ? I mean the competition we are going to be playing soon is no better or worse than that T and T team the US played last night so it would have made sense to have some games against this type of competition no? Give some of our young MLS and some CPL players  the experience of putting on the senior men’s national team shirt no matter what the level of national team competition you have in front of you. That’s what the US got out of these past few games they got new young players a taste of putting on that senior men’s national team shirt for the first time , which is always a good thing.

Edited by SoccMan

No one is saying we're any better. I'm simply saying it's a little buffoonish/American of them to train for a month and then beat up on an NCAA level team dressed up as T&T. May as well have played the Tampa Bay Rowdies or Miami FC. But it makes them feel good because T&T dumped them from WCQ in 2018 and they're still upset about it.

But you guys are missing the facts, leaving out the positives, and just looking at it as they played a makeshift T&T squad. 
The fact is they were not projected/expected to play T&T, it came as a quick act to make up for a loss of opponent vs not playing anyone at all. 

How you don't see that as a positive is mind boggling to me. I for one  9x out of 10 would prefer we played U.S Virgin Islands than play a couple of intrasquad games.

Edited by Shway

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No one is saying we're any better. I'm simply saying it's a little buffoonish/American of them to train for a month and then beat up on an NCAA level team dressed up as T&T. May as well have played the Tampa Bay Rowdies or Miami FC. But it makes them feel good because T&T dumped them from WCQ in 2018 and they're still upset about it.

If you read my post you would have read that T and T was a last minute replacement, Serbia had to pull out at the last minute, and in the end at least they still played an international no matter the opposition . 

I just hope that we don’t think that because we have Davies and David and everyone else that we don’t think we can just show up and the result will come. Yes we have probably the best talent and upcoming talent we have ever had, but as that Haiti game and that away game against the US showed us , we still have a lot of work too do even against the opposition we will be facing in the upcoming World Cup qualifying if we want to make that final 8. I just don’t like the fact we are going into this qualifying having not played any games especially from a country who has done nothing results wise since winning the Gold Cup many moons ago .