Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Coach never uses all his subs even when losing. Seems odd

He's an Australian that was only hired on November 23. From sister club Melbourne City. Patrick Kisorbo

Have to wonder if he will get turfed soon too.

They are basically in the relegation battle now after a decent start.

Could possibly be a fantastic move for him. Troyes obviously isn't working out, and if he can find form again in the Championship and starts banging them in, depending on how Larin does, we will have a three-horse race for our second striker position between him, Larin and Jebbison (if/when he commits).

He's been able to maintain more or less a 15ish goal per (full) season in Netherlands 2nd div, Belgium and France, so it's clear all he needs is playing time to score goals. I think if he goes to a team that will play him regularly, we can expect more or less what we saw with Troyes last year.

It's a lower level, but it'll be interesting to contrast him and Larin both playing regular minutes in solid leagues. Larin would be playing in a much better league of course, but Larin is playing for another contract in Spain, and Ugbo is trying to get himself into the premier league. If they're both playing, all of a sudden we have some solid striker depth.

It is interesting that a few of our guys either (allegedly) have or had issues re attitude, motivation, etc.  

Ugbo apparently.  
I think this has been mentioned with respect to Larin in the past.  
The main thing holding Okello back seems to be his intensity level. 
Tabla had well documented mentality barriers.

And it seems like there are others - though I am a tad hungover and drawing a bit of a blank right now.    

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is interesting that a few of our guys either (allegedly) have or had issues re attitude, motivation, etc.  

Ugbo apparently.  
I think this has been mentioned with respect to Larin in the past.  
The main thing holding Okello back seems to be his intensity level. 
Tabla had well documented mentality barriers.

And it seems like there are others - though I am a tad hungover and drawing a bit of a blank right now.    

Or maybe the CANMNT boys show up in Europe saying "That's not how Herdman does it" and pisses off their managers.

Maybe the feeling that he hasn't been given a fair shake is setting in. Honestly, I think it's warranted. But life isn't fair. He has to take his opportunities whenever he can. That's how he has to look at this. Ugbo is a gifted player and can play at a very high level imo. Wishing him the best and to maximize output on his next run out. 

8 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Genk transferred Onuacha to Southampton. They are actually pretty slim at CF now. Maybe Ugbo would have been better to have stayed there to fight for a spot?

Manager didn't seem to rate him. Or at least his work ethic.

And looks like neither does this one...