Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:He was just overhyped after a good run of form in 2020-2021.

Also, some guys are just never the same after a long-term injury.

If Cavallini has a good run of form in the next three weeks that isn't necessarily true.

I suspect we will see Jacob Shaffelburg back with the team and some new face like Tani Oluwaseyi or a new defender or two. We don't need to call as many forwards as in the past.

Shaffelburg is undoubtedly in the plans, but he’s not a 9. 

Cavallini hasn’t scored a professional goal in almost the same amount of time as Ugbo. He *could* go on a run, but that’s not the same thing as being higher on the depth chart. Both have serious issues, but Ugbo is at least in midseason conditioning, trains/occasionally plays in a higher quality league, and is more likely to be a part of long term plans. Cavallini is on the wrong side of 30, too slow to fit the profile of the rest of the team, and has repeatedly shown a tendency to meltdown when things aren’t going his way. Not the best combo to have on the field in a do-or-die game against very stable Honduras.

8 hours ago, footballfreak said:

I see Larin, David and Cavallini as #9s within our system. We only need to bring in three into camp.

And I will take an underperforming Cavallini (who has had more playing time) over an underperforming Ugbo as things currently stand.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

5 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Cavallini hasn’t scored a professional goal in almost the same amount of time as Ugbo. He *could* go on a run, but that’s not the same thing as being higher on the depth chart. Both have serious issues, but Ugbo is at least in midseason conditioning, trains/occasionally plays in a higher quality league, and is more likely to be a part of long term plans. Cavallini is on the wrong side of 30, too slow to fit the profile of the rest of the team, and has repeatedly shown a tendency to meltdown when things aren’t going his way. Not the best combo to have on the field in a do-or-die game against very stable Honduras.

Cav started in Liga MX last night in a 2-0 win. When is the last time Ugbo started? 

Cav had already played in 4 games, will be playing regularly and be in mid season form come the March window. 

Edited by king1010

4 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Cavallini scored in his second last game for Vancouver and just signed for his new club.

Ugbo is too one dimensional and has failed to score for us. Cavallini has scored plenty but also adds other intangibles when he’s not scoring. 

On 2/27/2023 at 4:51 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I see Larin, David and Cavallini as #9s within our system. We only need to bring in three into camp.

And I will take an underperforming Cavallini (who has had more playing time) over an underperforming Ugbo as things currently stand.

In CONCACAF games against opposition not named Mexico or USA, it's almost a given we will be playing with with two strikers. Three guys in camp is not enough to cover those positions.

25 minutes ago, costarg said:

Manager shoud be kicking himself in the ass.  Ugbo's first minutes in how long?  Takes him 12 minutes to get on the board and get Troyes a much needed point vs a top side.

I agree he has not gotten many minutes, but let me correct you quickly before the clowns use his eight minutes vs Ajaccio to say he played in Troyes's last game. Before that, he hadn't played at all in seven straight matches. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

26 minutes ago, costarg said:

Manager shoud be kicking himself in the ass.  Ugbo's first minutes in how long?  Takes him 12 minutes to get on the board and get Troyes a much needed point vs a top side.

Troyes’ problem has not been scoring goals. It’s been an atrocious defence. The starting striker, Balde, has been very good this season. It’s a tough situation for Ugbo

Ahh please..dont even kid about not showing up??  Whats next?? Locusts...boils???  Do we need someone named Moses to come in and lead canadian soccer out of this period of amazing success we have just had....ahem I mean the worst patch we've ever seen (if you listen to the news).