Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Looks like he didn't score and his replacement came in and scored like 5 minutes after he subbed off. Time to be concerned or are we still in "start of the season" mode? Less than 90 days to the WC.

It's not a great start, but I think he missed a lot of pre-season for Troyes. Only a couple weeks and three games in. I'd give him time.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Looks like he didn't score and his replacement came in and scored like 5 minutes after he subbed off. Time to be concerned or are we still in "start of the season" mode? Less than 90 days to the WC.

I haven't  seen him play, but if he is playing well and doing the right things then the goals will come. Larin is playing well at Brugge but has not scored yet either.

8 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I haven't  seen him play, but if he is playing well and doing the right things then the goals will come. Larin is playing well at Brugge but has not scored yet either.

Exactly. In an ideal world you wanna see guys tearing up their league but we’ve also seen guys have mediocre seasons and during the qualifying perform quite well. Larin and David come to mine, or Laryea not seeing the field and performing 

Edited by EJsens1

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

He hasn’t really been playing good though, and he’s been given starting minutes out of the gate and hasn’t done much with them. It’s still super early and he didn’t have a preseason, but so far it doesn’t look good for him. Hope he turns it around soon.

Something to monitor, but I wouldn't hit the panic button. He's started two games so far. They got smoked vs Lyon in one of them, and expectedly so. Troyes isn't exactly a top team in Ligue 1, and he regularly plays as the lone striker. Can't be easy. Let's try to stay positive. What he did for Troyes last season was miraculous. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

29 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So Kone over Hutch or Hoilett?  Ugbo over Larin? And no spot for Tajon or Adekugbe to accommodate them?  Sure.  

LOL ... yeah, well, I'm sure the argument against Tajon is that he's currently hurt, but I agree ... Tajon has to be in the starting 11, and Hoilett has played his way onto it this season, IMO.

13 hours ago, trc2014 said:

I read this stuff and I honestly wonder what I’m missing.  Granted he had a nice goal or two last year, but I feel people lost their minds when he scored a PK as well.

I like JJD and appreciate his video content, but a lot of what he posts on twitter seems to be a little out of left field.

I’m an Ugbo fan and not worried yet, but it’s been months since he showed us anything, so if he wants to see the pitch in Qatar let alone as a starter over Larin, he’s gonna need to start scoring goals soon. At least his FotMob rating seems to be inching up every game so far- not by much, but if we’re looking for encouraging signs…

59 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I like JJD and appreciate his video content, but a lot of what he posts on twitter seems to be a little out of left field.

I’m an Ugbo fan and not worried yet, but it’s been months since he showed us anything, so if he wants to see the pitch in Qatar let alone as a starter over Larin, he’s gonna need to start scoring goals soon. At least his FotMob rating seems to be inching up every game so far- not by much, but if we’re looking for encouraging signs…

If we were truly going off form, St. Clair would be starting over Borjan - dude basically cost his team a spot in the group stage.  But of course, this is 'just for fun' and if it was a real game it'd be Borjan 100%. 

And Hoilett having MOTM performances in the Championship gets in over Ugbo.

Edited by TOcanadafan

15 hours ago, trc2014 said:

I read this stuff and I honestly wonder what I’m missing.  Granted he had a nice goal or two last year, but I feel people lost their minds when he scored a PK as well.

This is some Kurt Larsson-like take. I doubt either of Kone/Stef would be on the plan to Qatar let alone starting.

7 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

If we were truly going off form, St. Clair would be starting over Borjan - dude basically cost his team a spot in the group stage.  But of course, this is 'just for fun' and if it was a real game it'd be Borjan 100%. 

And Hoilett having MOTM performances in the Championship gets in over Ugbo.

I have my reservations about St. Clair, but if our NT played a regular season's amount of games, that would be correct. But we also know that club performance doesn't always equal NT performance, so we know it's Borjan until the wheels fall off.

It's funny, I think Hoilett might be our most underrated player, at least by fans. Of our top guys, he doesn't have the exciting name of Davies or David, and he's much older than our other players in the championship league, and he's technically "passed his prime" since he used to play in the premier league, before our NT was any good, but there's a good argument for him being our third best player, I think.

14 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

This is some Kurt Larsson-like take. I doubt either of Kone/Stef would be on the plan to Qatar let alone starting.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

I thought Stef was Eustaquio? Or is that Mitrovic?

Stef is Eustaquio, for some reason.

2 minutes ago, frmr said:

He says in the post that it's based on current injuries and form. I don't think it's an actual Qatar starting XI, just a look at who is in the best form at the time of the post. Don't think people need to be up in arms over it.

My initial post still stands IMO.  How does he think Ugbo’s performance is anywhere near best form?  In that case, should literally be Akindele starting haha.

15 hours ago, trc2014 said:

It's an interesting take because he's mostly right. 

Like others here I'd also put in Adekugbe on the left wingback, move Davies up to replace Igbo. Because if the question of "form" for Borjan or Stef is that they are playing regularly on good teams or good leagues, then so is Sam, that is why he'd go in.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I thought Stef was Eustaquio? Or is that Mitrovic?

1 hour ago, RS said:

Stef is Eustaquio, for some reason.

Okay yeah that's my fault then, fully read it as Mitrovic. Surely Eustaquio should be "Steph" if anything.

Even if we're talking form, Kone has played like 2 full matches of the last 8 for CF Montreal. Seems like he's stating it just because he scored a goal this weekend.

Edited by Pottsy3

20 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Okay yeah that's my fault then, fully read it as Mitrovic. Surely Eustaquio should be "Steph" if anything.

Even if we're talking form, Kone has played like 2 full matches of the last 8 for CF Montreal. Seems like he's stating it just because he scored a goal this weekend.

I mean, he might also be talking about Mitrovic, lol. Probably Eustaquio, and you're right with the spelling.

Also agree with Kone. His next tweet talked about how Brym is upping his Qatar chances by getting more minutes in the dutch 2nd div, so I'd take all of that with a bit of a grain of salt.