Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

pretty invisible so far...only had a few touches. much less involved than Balde.

at least theyre winning

Too bad. People talk whether Larin could have been called for the Bahrain match, but Ugbo has played just as sparingly. Maybe people should have been asking for him to be included instead.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens.  

Rightfully so. 

They are different players. Ugbo borderlines on the same game as Larin, he doesn't stretch the line as we thought/it was mentioned. 

Cavallini will bang. He's completely different to what we have/deploy. So it's not hard for him.
With Cavallini and VAR your just hoping he doesn't get a red, because he's a striker that seems to love a tackle as much as he loves to score a goal.

You guys know how Cavallini seems to have a chip on his shoulder against top teams (USA NL, MEX GC19)?

Makes me feel like he'll score in Qatar if given the chance. I know many players love the big stage, and I don't know him personally, but there's something about Cavallini that tells me he somehow truly believes he should be at the highest level. 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

You guys know how Cavallini seems to have a chip on his shoulder against top teams (USA NL, MEX GC19)?

Makes me feel like he'll score in Qatar if given the chance. I know many players love the big stage, and I don't know him personally, but there's something about Cavallini that tells me he somehow truly believes he should be at the highest level. 

At the very least, he's a physical presence and has scored some big, high-quality goals for Canada. As @Shwaymentioned, if he does play, let's just hope he doesn't get ejected.

2 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

At the very least, he's a physical presence and has scored some big, high-quality goals for Canada. As @Shwaymentioned, if he does play, let's just hope he doesn't get ejected.

If he plays it will likely only be in the last 20 minutes of a match where a red card is less critical to the outcome of a match.

13 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Is Cavallini a Red Card machine for Canada? Or is this another Henry narrative where people start to think he is when he really isnt?

Are you worried Cav will get a red card for Canada in his 15 minutes off the bench?  It’s not like he will be starting.

18 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Are you worried Cav will get a red card for Canada in his 15 minutes off the bench?  It’s not like he will be starting.

I have faith he will be smart enough not to do that, but if anyone on the team is capable of such a thing, it's Cavallini. There'll always be some underlying nerves because of that. 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Ugbo on the final 26 I love it...but I can see him starting in the 3rd and final group game against Morocco especially if Canada is in a position to advance to the Round of 16

I think he’s likely one of the 9 players who is unlikely to see the pitch at all barring something very unforeseen (injuries, we win the first two matches, etc.)