Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

37 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I think he’s likely one of the 9 players who is unlikely to see the pitch at all barring something very unforeseen (injuries, we win the first two matches, etc.)

Yep and I think unless he gets his act together by the time March rolls around he could miss that window for Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, narduch said:

Have to wonder if Troyes are already looking to move Ugbo out.

He was an unused sub today in a 0-0 draw.

They only made 2 subs and their main stand out attacker Balde was out

Balde was out and he didn’t even get used. Hope it is a small injury from training or this doesn't look good

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Disappointing to hear he couldn't score, but it's a step in the right direction getting those minutes. 

I have to sometimes remember this guy is only 24 still, and getting minutes in a top 5 league. Future is still bright for him, I believe.

Yeah. I wouldn't give up on Ugbo. I know he's on a really cold streak, but he hasn't been given a ton of opportunity either. For Canada, he started that ridiculous game in Honduras. Otherwise, it's pretty much been sub or garbage minutes. Hard to get anything going when you don't see the field. But obviously, David is ahead of him, so that kind of narrows it down. 

For Troyes, he should be doing better. He has to fight for a starting spot, but he is capable. Will keep following, and I hope he can turn into a serviceable second strike option for us.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Curious…at this rate, do we see some “new” strikers in March.

Ike not playing, Lucas no club (for now).

Serious question. Who do we even really have?

Akinola maybe? Jebbison?

MLS starts end of February so maybe someone can earn a call up in the few weeks leading up to Nations League.

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

JRR?  If we are taking a flyer on a guy just to get him into a camp.  Herman always likes bringing in Brym.

Good shout.

He could definitely rise up our depth chart if he continues to progress. 

Probably a good thing they have a new coach