TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

38 minutes ago, gator said:

I personally think Bobby would be a great choice for TFC but my views are clouded by my Red and White glasses, I don't think the TFC fanbase would have the patience for a partial rebuild and the blooding of many talented but young and inexperienced Canadians!

Just want to put it out there in case TFC is actually interested in Bobby: Hart was actually coach of the year not Bobby.  And all of us Forge fans really think Bobby is overrated 😉

28 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Poz took a shot at Vanney a few days ago for not playing the academy grads. This must have been brewing for a while.

Where was this?

Edit: Nevermind.  For some reason I read it as Poz(niak) and wondered how Chris made his way back into the fold.

Edited by El Hombre

45 minutes ago, Shway said:

Berhalter just got the job, and is doing a good job so far 

Once again, just like Vanney, is he doing a good job or does he just have a really good team?  There were just as many complaints about Berhalter as compliments in the past year.  Don't forget, no one on that side of the border expected them to lose to us last year.  

Probably a number of factors here.  Curtis is a big supporter of growing homegrown players and developing them into legit first teamers, which we know is not Vanney’s  strength.

He has been here and done that.  Perhaps wants a new challenge.

Galaxy job is open and he can move his family back to the US. Know he loves Canada but he is American and being successful at the Galaxy will put him in a position to take over the USMNT if/when Berhalter messes up.

My guess is all three played a part but as they were in what was reported to be good contact talks along, I think he was not getting along with Ali and his vision so he is gone.