Cuba vs Canada (on Grand Cayman island) Tuesday, Sept 10th - 7:15pm EST

Soooo I might have to miss most of the game tomorrow. It looks like OneSoccer did upload the replay for the last game, anyone know how long it takes for them to upload? I’d rather miss the game completely and avoid spoilers for a bit than to watch only part of it live. 

6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Looks like 3 more Cubans defected post-game in Toronto. How that will affect their squad in the Caymans..I'm not sure.

If they are using the same guys, that's a 16-man squad for them.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/deportes/futbol/article234861267.html

Thanks, I was wondering if this happened.

We should bet on an over/under for defections after the Cuba/US match

44 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Soooo I might have to miss most of the game tomorrow. It looks like OneSoccer did upload the replay for the last game, anyone know how long it takes for them to upload? I’d rather miss the game completely and avoid spoilers for a bit than to watch only part of it live. 

Onesoccer is re-showing the game at 9:45pm est tomorrow.  That’s when I’m watching it.

7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Looks like 3 more Cubans defected post-game in Toronto. How that will affect their squad in the Caymans..I'm not sure.

If they are using the same guys, that's a 16-man squad for them.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/deportes/futbol/article234861267.html

Jesus frak.  When is Cuba just going to let their athletes go abroad and get better to benefit their national teams?  It's literally just them and North Korea that appear to follow this policy.

36 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Jesus frak.  When is Cuba just going to let their athletes go abroad and get better to benefit their national teams?  It's literally just them and North Korea that appear to follow this policy.

Thought cuba relaxed those rules and let players play abroad, but i guess its on a case by case basis. 

8 hours ago, Bdog said:

Some of us need to gear up for the Z squad. I’m washed up at the ripe age of 23 but still have my pace, just sub me out after 20 minutes because I have no cardio anymore. 

I have had this dream for years. 

In the stands, wearing my jersey, watching Canada play.  Due to unforseen circumstances, they need another body on the field.  The manager spots me in the stands and motions me forward.  Why yes, I am wearing cleats.  Leap the fence and play the game of my life.

Someday....

45 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In the stands, wearing my jersey, watching Canada play.  Due to unforseen circumstances, they need another body on the field.  The manager spots me in the stands and motions me forward.  Why yes, I am wearing cleats.  Leap the fence and play the game of my life.

Someday....

There's a movie about the 87 Canada Cup with this exact plot. Or maybe it was a TV show... 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Any score predictions?

I am going with 4-0.  The heat will slow us down a bit and we won't want to concde by pressing too hard. 

David with 2, Davies gets one, and either Larin or Akindele gets one off the bench.

I am going to dream big and say 8-0. Cubans have lost 3 players + Neutral venue could give this a "training-exercise" sort of atmosphere. Could diffuse what little fight they have left (at least for this window).

Our target is clear and we have a lot of players looking to prove themselves. We'll put them to the sword, I am hoping.

Wishing for someone else to step up with a brace - someone like Millar or Akindele.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hoping for a Larin goal - I think it would be huge for his confidence and us and I expect him to start.  

He has been playing well at his club just needs a goal and no more penalty misses.  

0-5 for me.  Both a few goals and clean sheet with no scares will do me.  Though a real massive goal difference for the US to live up to would be nice. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Someday....

Sadly, due to Concacaf roster declaration rules, the match is awarded as a 3-0 win to Saint Kitts & Nevis.