Cuba vs Canada (on Grand Cayman island) Tuesday, Sept 10th - 7:15pm EST

33 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Any idea if Cuba has called in any additional players? @Olympique_de_Marseille

I haven't seen any news. I have no idea what kind of squad they brought. 

I say we only win 3-0. We are playing away, it is hotter, we are rotating the squad and the Cubans will feel more comfortable.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Re watching the game( amazing what you miss when watching live) the final score should have been a couple goals higher.  We need 7 or 8 tonight because the States not only have the competitive reasons to thrash them, but also the historical hatred of Cuba and communism.  I hope this means the Cubans will play at the highest level possible and thwart the US, at least in Cuba, but we need to be + 12 or 13. 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hoping for a Larin goal - I think it would be huge for his confidence and us and I expect him to start.  

Just imagine if we have a hot Larin to add into the mix come October. 

I don't think now is the time hoping that Larin starts and scores a goal. I would only sub him in if we're leading by 8.😓

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As much as I want Larin to find his groove, I agree.  No way we start Larin when maximizing goal differential could be key for us winning the group.

I don't think starting Akindele or Millar assures us any more goals than starting Larin. If Herdman plans on playing David on the wing in October I hope he starts there today, and in that case Larin in the middle makes the most sense.

11 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I don't think starting Akindele or Millar assures us any more goals than starting Larin. If Herdman plans on playing David on the wing in October I hope he starts there today, and in that case Larin in the middle makes the most sense.

Interesting question.  Will David get moved to wing in Oct when he is feasting on goals, or will he be kept central?  That would mean Cav could start on the bench which seems crazy, but I am not sure.

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Re watching the game( amazing what you miss when watching live) the final score should have been a couple goals higher.  We need 7 or 8 tonight because the States not only have the competitive reasons to thrash them, but also the historical hatred of Cuba and communism.  I hope this means the Cubans will play at the highest level possible and thwart the US, at least in Cuba, but we need to be + 12 or 13. 

I am stunned by what you are saying about the States having a historical hatred of Cuba and communism. I had no idea.

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

So... concacafgo or onesoccer.ca!?!? All be it at 215am here...

Or use a Canadian billing address and a good VPN that has a Canadian IP.

My VPN has worked for every site except Netflix. Given the bandwidth size of their customer base, Netflix have really invested strongly in VPN-blocking technology. Other sites? Not so much.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

I have a feeling David will lead the line once more, with Davies (if fit) on one flank and Millar on the other. Though if we went Davies-Larin-David I wouldn't complain...

For me though, Larin hasn't done enough with the chances he's had. He is working hard and linking up well but when he has a chance at goal is way too hesitant. Too much in his head still. 

I wonder if Akindele gets a chance today...

This is Larins shot! No excuses.  To be fair to him he hasn’t got a start against any of these minnows in the last year but still has 3 goals but I’d like to see a big game.

Wotherspoon too - he deserves a shot here.  29 and almost 500 career pro matches.. lets see what he can bring.

Laryea is being given a shot to win the spot outright.