Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

28 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Before we make any crazy assumptions lol I didn't make any mention that it was the Montreal contingent. The positive test came from one player who caught up with 3 other players on a layover to Mexico. 2 of which were goalies and two of which were forwards/mids. Montreal group came together as one.

You didn’t but someone else did and I thought it was confirmed that it was that contingent. 

my apologies didn’t mean to put words in your mouth. 

So I’ve deduced the following and it’s just my take, but just our luck:

Breza and Nogueira are the goalies in quarantine, given that all the Montreal boys flew together. 

Dias flew with Nogueira, he is in quarantine aswell id imagine. 

the positive test is Tawrdek most likely but could be Dias, Tawrdek flew from Poland and met up with them. Brym has been training  and he arrived earlier than the others, so the positive player is surely one of them, as it would make sense for them to meet up at a point given that they are all euro players.

if the positive was Dias I would imagine Nogueira would be positive too, and we’d have 2 cases, I say this as we know they flew the whole way together.

last edit l

it could also be Daniels, Norman or Buchanan who was caught up with them and is the positive test. Italy and Portugal not too far apart so makes sense that Breza, Dias and Nogueira would end up at X spot along the way, but I mean you’d think a polish flight layover would take place at the same spot as the other euro arrivals, because the destination is the same. Hence its very likely Twardek which would be a massive loss, I’m pretty sure the US based players can get directly to Mexico and Norman aswell. 

given the silence only Buch, Twardek and LD are important pieces. So yeah guys it’s one of those 3, but I think it’s unlikely it’s Buch.

Edited by Dominic94

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So I’ve deduced the following and it’s just my take, but just our luck:

Breza and Nogueira are the goalies in quarantine, given that all the Montreal boys flew together. 

Dias flew with Nogueira, he is in quarantine aswell id imagine. 

the positive test is Tawrdek most likely but could be Dias, Tawrdek flew from Poland and met up with them. Brym has been training  and he arrived earlier than the others, so the positive player is surely one of them, as it would make sense for them to meet up at a point given that they are all euro players.

if the positive was Dias I would imagine Nogueira would be positive too, and we’d have 2 cases, I say this as we know they flew the whole way together.

last edit l

it could also be Daniels, Norman or Buchanan who was caught up with them and is the positive test. Italy and Portugal not too far apart so makes sense that Breza, Dias and Nogueira would end up at X spot along the way, but I mean you’d think a polish flight layover would take place at the same spot as the other euro arrivals, because the destination is the same. Hence its very likely Twardek which would be a massive loss, I’m pretty sure the US based players can get directly to Mexico and Norman aswell. 

given the silence only Buch, Twardek and LD are important pieces. So yeah guys it’s one of those 3, but I think it’s unlikely it’s Buch.

You sure your name isn't Dominic Sherlock? Haha

You got it right with the goalies. Dias isn't positive but he is the other neg. So he hasn't been able to train with the main squad. 

I won't say who the positive guy is, we will have to wait and see what CSA says. But you seem to have a good hunch.

5 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

You sure your name isn't Dominic Sherlock? Haha

You got it right with the goalies. Dias isn't positive but he is the other neg. So he hasn't been able to train with the main squad. 

I won't say who the positive guy is, we will have to wait and see what CSA says. But you seem to have a good hunch.

Ahahaha when you’ve got a ton of help and hints it’s pretty easy. Thankful they aren’t positive, means we will see them. I’m very excited to watch Dias, and I’m sure he’s happy to be there, would have sucked. 

we can now narrow it down to one of Buch, Twardek, Daniels, Norman jr. maybe you can’t get a direct flight from Calgary to Mexico ? I’m sure someone can figure that out.

I’m fairly certain Daniels flew direct, Buchanan too as he would of had to have been with the Revs for training.  

very likely it’s one of Twardek or Norman Jr, but my money is Twardek.

6 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Ahahaha when you’ve got a ton of help and hints it’s pretty easy. Thankful they aren’t positive, means we will see them. I’m very excited to watch Dias, and I’m sure he’s happy to be there, would have sucked. 

we can now narrow it down to one of Buch, Twardek, Daniels, Norman jr. maybe you can’t get a direct flight from Calgary to Mexico ? I’m sure someone can figure that out.

I’m fairly certain Daniels flew direct, Buchanan too as he would of had to have been with the Revs for training.  

very likely it’s one of Twardek or Norman Jr, but my money is Twardek.

I’ve flown directly from Calgary to Mexico multiple times.

Our line-up is young and is lacking leadership. I think we'll be matched evenly on many parts of the pitch by our rivals.

Sorry to say but I am not too excited by our chances, in spite of playing teams that are not on paper superior. 

If the kids play like kids, we will have problems. If they take on the responsibility and play with mentality and toughness, not coasting, we may be better. 

Everyone has to step up, no excuses.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Our line-up is young and is lacking leadership. I think we'll be matched evenly on many parts of the pitch by our rivals.

Sorry to say but I am not too excited by our chances, in spite of playing teams that are not on paper superior. 

If the kids play like kids, we will have problems. If they take on the responsibility and play with mentality and toughness, not coasting, we may be better. 

Everyone has to step up, no excuses.

I agree. I think we are underestimating how much of a difference age/experience makes at this level. Hope I am wrong.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I fear that this will be a team of individuals, with some key guys not putting in the work needed while some others will be running around trying to be a hero and compromising the shape and tactical set up.  Heck, I've seen this in even limited pro action from some of the projected starters here.

I just hope they do the job needed and get out of the group:  underpromise and overdeliver.

Re; leadership, I expect Cornelius to take on that role. He's played in a lot of Canada biggest matches in 2019 (I would have said 2020 except for the fact that we didn't play any big matches in 2020). ZBG and Buchanan are next - Buchanan has come up big in MLS playoff games which I don't think anyone else on the squad can say, and were it not for the fact that he's only had a couple of scrimmages in a national team set up, he's probably be expected to be one of the leaders up front. That's one of the issues with never playing any matches, that lack of international/team experience.

10 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I'm still surprised to see Cornelius on this squad. We're running thin on CBs and he's been such a staple on the backline of Herdman's Canada. He's never been perfect but it feels like Herdman gets the best out of him 

It will all make sense when it is revealed Tomori is part of the WCQ squad and Victor has paid off Fifa to allow the switch.