Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is encouraging.  I may need to watch the last 15-20 minuets of the game.  

You should. The first touch he had, or one of the first touches, was to get the ball and then immediately put his head down and try to beat his man, without hesitation. Kind of like Tajon and his first touches with Inter, except Rutty went outside and Tajon cut inside. Same mentally though.

He was successful and got into the box on one occassion but fluffed the cross, which doesn't bother me because if he keeps getting into those areas good things will eventually happened.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

You should. The first touch he had, or one of the first touches, was to get the ball and then immediately put his head down and try to beat his man, without hesitation. Kind of like Tajon and his first touches with Inter, except Rutty went outside and Tajon cut inside. Same mentally though.

He was successful and got into the box on one occassion but fluffed the cross, which doesn't bother me because if he keeps getting into those areas good things will eventually happened.

I thought JMR looked good yesterday.  I'd like to see him tried in a central role, maybe where Oso was played yesterday.  Move Oso back closer to Flores and get Coello off the field.  The guy (Coello) makes one good pass after sending 4 into no man's land and commentators/analysts talk about what a great game he had.  Also gave the ball away numerous times in and around the box.

7 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I thought JMR looked good yesterday.  I'd like to see him tried in a central role, maybe where Oso was played yesterday.  Move Oso back closer to Flores and get Coello off the field.  The guy (Coello) makes one good pass after sending 4 into no man's land and commentators/analysts talk about what a great game he had.  Also gave the ball away numerous times in and around the box.

Flores was fantastic I’ll say but I don’t get the Coello hype.

Just now, narduch said:

There's talk that Insigne will skip next week's road match v New England to keep him.off that shitty turf.

Hopefully that means a start for JMR

Apparently Insigne's minutes are going to be managed heavily. We'll see how it shakes out, but decent chance Bernardeschi plays in Insigne's role when he's out and a wingback spot therefore opens up.

59 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Same for me.  His passing accuracy was never in question.  If he adds the tricky and quick stuff to his game, he's gonna be real good. 

38 minutes ago, costarg said:

Same for me.  His passing accuracy was never in question.  If he adds the tricky and quick stuff to his game, he's gonna be real good. 

In the John Molinaro article, it mentions that JMR has been working alongside Insigne during training.  Hopefully by osmosis, JMR can develop his football brain to match his physical gifts.

4 hours ago, costarg said:

Sure, if you've got the money to use your porsche to till the earth on your farm, go for it. 

Probably not the reason you got the porsche in the first place and surely not the reason you paid soo much for it.  Not exactly what they had in mind when talking horsepower.

But I see your point, I just think there is a different way to make a point and get people to buy into the project.  Right tool for the job kinda thing.

Love this and so true.....

My take is that hes a porche without a license plate. May as well get some use in the field with it before it dies....  The waay waay better solution is to get his plates back which I hope herdman can do. 

I just have been so disappointed with the italians but at the same time, TFC was such a shit show that I can see why they acted and played the way they did last year. 

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unused sub today, in a game where it looks like Insigne came out at the start of the second. That is discouraging.   Obviously early days, but Herdman’s “high hopes” for JMR this season seems a bit odd if he isn’t going to play him at least as a consistent sub.  

Particularly this quote from Herdman at the end of that article:

"This is a young man, a really young man who has evolved into professional football, but when you're in pro football, the games become the teacher. And if you're not playing in the games consistently with the turnarounds, you're not learning your craft as deeply as you need to,” Herdman said.

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unused sub today, in a game where it looks like Insigne came out at the start of the second. That is discouraging.   Obviously early days, but Herdman’s “high hopes” for JMR this season seems a bit odd if he isn’t going to play him at least as a consistent sub.  

It's looking like Osorio and Laryea will be the only Canadian starters on this team moving forward.

The Canadian kids will be subs/bit part players

2 hours ago, narduch said:

It's looking like Osorio and Laryea will be the only Canadian starters on this team moving forward.

The Canadian kids will be subs/bit part players

Then it’s up to them to prove that they deserve more minutes look at the game the new kid Gomis had , now Herdman will have a decision to make next Saturday when it comes to starting this kid or not . 

19 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Then it’s up to them to prove that they deserve more minutes look at the game the new kid Gomis had , now Herdman will have a decision to make next Saturday when it comes to starting this kid or not . 

I've heard this excuse for the 3 Canadian MLS clubs for years now.

It's a cop out for the clubs development being poor

Edited by narduch

TFC made 3 subs yesterday. All Canadians (Franklin @ 46', Akinola @ 66' and Kosi @ 78'). The biggest surprise was short-shorts Kosi Thompson in, instead of JMR. Last game, JMR replaced Insigne @ 62' in a tie game (hoping for a goal). This game they were up 1-0 protecting a lead hence bring in Franklin instead for Insigne.

Edited by blueseeka

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

TFC made 3 subs yesterday. All Canadians (Franklin @ 46', Akinola @ 66' and Kosi @ 78'). The biggest surprise was short-shorts Kosi Thompson in, instead of JMR. Last game, JMR replaced Insigne @ 62' in a tie game (hoping for a goal). This game they were up 1-0 protecting a lead hence bring in Franklin instead for Insigne.

Of the subs in game one which I watched, the best was JMR.

Franklin was average in both, ayo as well. 

Thompson and Coello who isn’t a sub, look to be in tough I’ve found.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Of the subs in game one which I watched, the best was JMR.

Franklin was average in both, ayo as well. 

Thompson and Coello who isn’t a sub, look to be in tough I’ve found.

I thought Coello had a horrible 2nd game. I do think JMR and Thompson will have a tough time cracking the lineup when Longstaff is ready to go. But injuries happen. I have been done with Kosi for a while, he just seems like a waste of space.

Couple TFC guys went to the Raptors game this week, including JMR- Gary Trent Jr. is having difficulty wrapping his head around a 19 year old playing his 5th year for the same team.

Thought it was interesting that he asked him what position he plays, and he told him he’s an RWB. Little funny when he asks Laryea who more or less said the same thing. Alonso called him the fittest player on the team.

https://x.com/torontofc/status/1765452328616841683?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Edited by InglewoodJack

On 3/4/2024 at 7:28 PM, blueseeka said:

I thought Coello had a horrible 2nd game. I do think JMR and Thompson will have a tough time cracking the lineup when Longstaff is ready to go. But injuries happen. I have been done with Kosi for a while, he just seems like a waste of space.

Longstaff’s career might be done. Even if he does come back he’s not going to be a guy that plays 30 games a season. 

On 3/4/2024 at 9:48 AM, El Hombre said:

I'm actually hoping that Kerr will be a regular starter once he comes back from injury.

It's crazy to me that Kerr doesn't have a cap yet. I mean, I get that we basically never play friendlies, but it's wild that a 21 year old with his stats hasn't even gotten a call up yet.

Perhaps a big part of it is that he's never been a locked in starter, but he probably ought to be. 

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It's crazy to me that Kerr doesn't have a cap yet. I mean, I get that we basically never play friendlies, but it's wild that a 21 year old with his stats hasn't even gotten a call up yet.

Perhaps a big part of it is that he's never been a locked in starter, but he probably ought to be. 

I’ve wondered this too. I like Vilsaint and JRR, but Kerr’s numbers are right up there with them. Not saying that means he’s better, but I feel like he’s proven enough to be in that group of players that orbit around the NT and are maybe one stretch of top form from getting called in, but I’ve heard nothing. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Couple TFC guys went to the Raptors game this week, including JMR- Gary Trent Jr. is having difficulty wrapping his head around a 19 year old playing his 5th year for the same team.

Thought it was interesting that he asked him what position he plays, and he told him he’s an RWB. Little funny when he asks Laryea who more or less said the same thing. Alonso called him the fittest player on the team.

https://x.com/metzgov/status/1765440474997780737?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Dont think that is the link you meant to post...