Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Looks like he’s starting at right back today…. If anyone wonders why he didn’t pan out it’s because they can’t keep him in a position and stick with it.

What a waste - for both TFC, who could have received a reasonable and decent profit if they sold him when interest was high , and JMR, who could actually have a development plan at a club that had half a clue. 

First half thoughts against St. Louis- 

Playing Insigne roll tonight on the left. Seems to be beating his man a lot and putting in some decent balls with his left foot. 

Had a brutal turnover that should of ended in a shot or goal. Completely bone headed not sure what he was thinking. 

Had a go at goal and missed by a country mile. Had another chance where he cut inside with a give and go and put a good ball on target. Had another half volley chance off a corner he put on target. Duffed on another half volley. 

Think there are goals in him. Has to be a little more accurate in his crossing but is growing into the game. In terms of speed he looks quick, at least in short bursts.

Defensively he needs a lot of work even as a winger/wide midfielder. 

24 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

First half thoughts against St. Louis- 

Playing Insigne roll tonight on the left. Seems to be beating his man a lot and putting in some decent balls with his left foot. 

Had a brutal turnover that should of ended in a shot or goal. Completely bone headed not sure what he was thinking. 

Had a go at goal and missed by a country mile. Had another chance where he cut inside with a give and go and put a good ball on target. Had another half volley chance off a corner he put on target. Duffed on another half volley. 

Think there are goals in him. Has to be a little more accurate in his crossing but is growing into the game. In terms of speed he looks quick, at least in short bursts.

Defensively he needs a lot of work even as a winger/wide midfielder. 

These are things that regular minutes at at the same position will fix.

• 1 month later...

He is honestly just fine. Lacks any resemblance of a scoring finishing touch. He also isn't very fast. I definitely see why tfc tried him as a wingback. He certainly has a talent with the ball. I think he ends up as a midfielder. TFC was better when he came off today cause a driven Insigne came on.  But he was fine when he was on

12 hours ago, badname22 said:

Another poor performance. I'm sorry guys but as much as I want to believe, I'm already a foot off the hype train. TFC looked so much better when he went off

I’ve been saying this for many years. I’ve watched him play in person at multiple levels and he’s always just kinda meh. I’m not sure what he’s good at and I suppose that’s part of TFC’s problem - what position is he? Even when I watched him play against horrendous TFC II competition he just blended in and never really flashed star talent or ability. Maybe that’s a mentality thing too.

Edited by Floortom