Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

It's crazy to me that Kerr doesn't have a cap yet. I mean, I get that we basically never play friendlies, but it's wild that a 21 year old with his stats hasn't even gotten a call up yet.

Perhaps a big part of it is that he's never been a locked in starter, but he probably ought to be. 

He's been a sporadic starter and I'm not sure anyone knows what his best position is.  It's not like he's a poacher but he's also not someone that cuts in from wide positions.  But he does make things happen.

He's one of the more intriguing storylines for 2024.  If he gets a good run of games, he'll climb the striker depth chart quickly for the CanMNT.

It will be interesting to see him and JRR progress throughout the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Was in the hot tub so just catching up.  Nice goal - really happy for him.  If you want to underline why you should be given the start, score your team’s only goal.  Hard to argue with that.  

And a couple of really nice touches.  He is at full sprint and during both touches the ball never goes more than a foot away from him - allowing him to move around the keeper and slot it home.  I know it bounced but that is still a pretty delicate touch under pressure.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Was in the hot tub so just catching up.  Nice goal - really happy for him.  If you want to underline why you should be given the start, score your team’s only goal.  Hard to argue with that.  

And a couple of really nice touches.  He is at full sprint and during both touches the ball never goes more than a foot away from him - allowing him to move around the keeper and slot it home.  I know it bounced but that is still a pretty delicate touch under pressure.  

That touch was immaculate, JRR's was impressive given the speed and things happening around him, this one was just next level. 

And the customary...... F U Bradley.

Last of the night:

im not sure he’s a RB, he’s still weak physically for the position, but he can easily be a starting winger on MLS teams and they wouldn’t suffer, he’s not the best but he’d be good for any playoff team I’d bet. He can beat guys 1v1 with , trickery and smarts, he may also have some pace. he’s smooth composed and agile. He’s got good vision and IQ.

I think he’s finally starting to figure it out. Were it not for Bernadeschi being selfish I think he would of scored a tap in at the end.

If he keeps getting minutes he’s going to push Buchanan and make us forget Koleosho and may still end up better than both. 

He looks like the player we expected all those years ago when he signed, and he looked like a guy who could have came on and subbed tonight and made an impact on the wing. 

The right side could be very nice if we land LK and then JMR continues his trend, along with Theo

With Laryea out longer term, he has a golden opportunity to etablish himself as the first choice here.  He is still a young guy and you can see a lot of instinctive  skills with him.  There is still a lot of ceiling there, imo.

Franklin?  I am getting a "just a guy" feel about him, sort of like the Canadian version of RSL's Andrew Brody in terms of celing (that's not a negative because he might be able to forge out a Beitashour kind of MLS career.