Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

15 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

The article talks about his athleticism and quickness a few times as if thats his strength. 

Has anyone noticed a significant increase in the past few months? 

With everything so top secret during the pre-season, it is hard to tell with no video of how the games went.  What will be interesting is to see how well he teams up with Insigne, as the article seems to imply that JMR is playing on the left side and working with Insigne during practise to figure out where to be and when to give him the ball.

22 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

With everything so top secret during the pre-season, it is hard to tell with no video of how the games went.  What will be interesting is to see how well he teams up with Insigne, as the article seems to imply that JMR is playing on the left side and working with Insigne during practise to figure out where to be and when to give him the ball.

My impression is that he was the back up for insigne and is watching insigne movements in training. I would love if herdman sees JMR and Insigne on the field together. 

10 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

All this hype for Marshall-Rutty reminds me of the hype when he was 16 and was going to be sold for millions to a top team. I hope we don't get the same disappointment again.

Not hype for me.  Just hopeful.   Big difference between saying he has been doing well in training vs the idea that a 16 yr old kid was being courted by European giants.   I don’t see anything oppressive about what is happening in the build up to this season.   

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

All this hype for Marshall-Rutty reminds me of the hype when he was 16 and was going to be sold for millions to a top team. I hope we don't get the same disappointment again.

One or two articles isn’t a lot of hype.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I think he's under hyped, all things considered. I think he's the same age as Nathan Saliba who I feel gets a lot more shine in the press than JMR does. I'm personally excited that we're hearing anything about him- feel like 95% of the JMR discourse are just fans talking him up, you don't really hear TFC talk about how good he looks or what he can actually bring. Seems like Herdman believes in what he can bring, and it's cool to hear about the player and not just rumours or fans hopecasting onto him. I think there's a good chance he follows the same path as Jayden Nelson regardless of how close to his potential he can reach, so I don't think we can get too disappointed with him.

33 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So he was left wing?   How was he overall?  

It was a good cameo, he had Kubo’s number, burned him and was cutting into the box but end product was missed (he flubbed a cross).

marked his man well and made some good plays at the back as well.

7/10, he earned minutes next week in my opinion.

14 hours ago, costarg said:

Didn't have to, he Bombito'd Bernardeschi at RWB.  That was my WTF moment for today.

I dont mind bernardeschi at RWB at all. The italians are toxic so give bern some defensive responsibilties to keep him running. I think he has to buy into the team system more than as an attacker who can walk back or try to do everything himself. 

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

I dont mind bernardeschi at RWB at all. The italians are toxic so give bern some defensive responsibilties to keep him running. I think he has to buy into the team system more than as an attacker who can walk back or try to do everything himself. 

Sure, if you've got the money to use your porsche to till the earth on your farm, go for it. 

Probably not the reason you got the porsche in the first place and surely not the reason you paid soo much for it.  Not exactly what they had in mind when talking horsepower.

But I see your point, I just think there is a different way to make a point and get people to buy into the project.  Right tool for the job kinda thing.

Edited by costarg

It looked to me like Rutty was channelling his inner Davies yesterday. Very aggressive and it seemed to work.

As long as he is playing that way he can be an effective wide player.

Looked to me he was instructed to play on this way, as I have never really seen him play with that mentality before. Often it is get the ball and look to make the right play, which is often to keep position and play a safe pass, or maybe a give and go. Nice to see him throw caution to the wind.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It looked to me like Rutty was channelling his inner Davies yesterday. Very aggressive and it seemed to work.

As long as he is playing that way he can be an effective wide player.

Looked to me he was instructed to play on this way, as I have never really seen him play with that mentality before. Often it is get the ball and look to make the right play, which is often to keep position and play a safe pass, or maybe a give and go. Nice to see him throw caution to the wind.

That is encouraging.  I may need to watch the last 15-20 minuets of the game.