Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

1 hour ago, One American said:

Doesn't make flashy saves like Pantemis. But doesn't seem to ever be lost, either. 

If a keeper reads the game well they don't need to make flashy saves. I always though a keeper who makes too many flashy saves is a keeper who's out of position too often. What's impressive about Dayne is that he makes a lot of crucial saves, and seems to be good on 1v1s. He also knows when he has to come off his line in order to avoid a 1v1 deep in the box, and when it happens he looks very confident doing so

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I just love that the first post on this guy was January of 2019.  Gems coming out of nowhere (relatively) like this are great news for us.  

And it was just over 2 months ago that he got his first start. Sometimes it's just a matter of these guys getting an opportunity, same with Hasal this year.

58 minutes ago, Bdog said:

And it was just over 2 months ago that he got his first start. Sometimes it's just a matter of these guys getting an opportunity, same with Hasal this year.

And if they were American they'd be on their way to the EPL or RB Leipzig already. Shocking how little it's taking for some prospects to be linked to these big time moves just a handful of games into their MLS careers. 

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

Thats for sure.  Thats why it drives me crazy when guys dismiss us advocating for CDN youngsters getting some minutes.  Who knows how Quillan Roberts would have turned out if he got a start with TFC instead of Bono when they were both benchwarmers.  Or Montgomery, DIdic, Pasher etc etc...guys that just couldnt/havnt quite cught a break and nobody wants to take a chance on them.  So nice to see StClair, Buchanon and Johnston really make the most of their chances this year.    

Alistar Johnston was also at Vaughn..and little brother Malcolm Johnston following up the Maryland/Vaughn/Isacco connection.  He looks to be better than Alistar.  If it was a normal year getting to a Minnesota game seeing StCLair play would be the closest for me....maybe I should dump TFC and become a Loon fan??  

10 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Alistar Johnston was also at Vaughn..and little brother Malcolm Johnston following up the Maryland/Vaughn/Isacco connection.  He looks to be better than Alistar.  If it was a normal year getting to a Minnesota game seeing StCLair play would be the closest for me....maybe I should dump TFC and become a Loon fan??  

You must be the only person on this board living in Wawa ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Floortom said:

Max is a solid MLS keep but DSC looks like he has the potential to be best in MLS type or move on to a better league in Europe.

Literally what you said. He’s the whole package right now, and has sooo much time to get even better. 

I just think he would have to leave this season or next, or end up like Andre Blake (which is a compliment) and be the an elite keeper in MLS. 

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Max is a solid MLS keep but DSC looks like he has the potential to be best in MLS type or move on to a better league in Europe.

Doesn’t help that Max stagnated with the impact but to be fair some had him as a top 5 keeper in MLS, he also missed the whole season

Incredible rise for Dayne though.

40 minutes ago, Shway said:

Crazy how Maxime was sorta the undisputed #2/ heir to the #1 throne.....and just like that, it’s not so certain. 

I just don't have the same confidence in Max as I have in Dayne... he just seems to be so much farther ahead than Max was at the same age. Being in the Impact for too long cost Max.

24 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Dayne plays like a Veteran already, he is a an air of confidence about him, and it translates to his defenders in front, who seem to be fully confident in him. The guy makes his presence felt, and that will make any defender feel better. He will either becomes a very good MLS keeper, or will move to Europe.