Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

Minnesota traded for another goalie since Miiler and Ranjitsign will be out for a while. A 25 year old who has played 1 MLS game. Article indicates that they are happy with St. Clair as a starter and it is his position going for the time being.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/17/minnesota-united-get-needed-goalkeeper-depth-acquire-adrian-zendejas-nashville-sc

4 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

Very roughly ranking the keepers for the senior team then. Assuming St. Clair and Hasal continue starting through the rest of the MLS season. We know Herdman prefers players who are getting the minutes at a high level:

Borjan

Crepeau

Carducci

Thomas

St. Clair

Hasal

Pantemis

I think Oxner should be creeping up on this list. Also Simon Thomas has no business on this list at all.

55 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

Very roughly ranking the keepers for the senior team then. Assuming St. Clair and Hasal continue starting through the rest of the MLS season. We know Herdman prefers players who are getting the minutes at a high level:

Borjan

Crepeau

Carducci

Thomas

St. Clair

Hasal

Pantemis

Think we're a bitter deeper. I'd go:

1. Borjan

2. Crepeau

3. Carducci

4. Hasal

5. St. Clair

6. Breza

7.Desjardins

8. Leutwiler 

(I'm unsure about adding any other CPLers to the list after such a short season.)

Edited by PiedPilko

4 hours ago, Shway said:

Anyone notice how this pandemic has been silently good for Canadians? Except for a few names, it seems like everyone is playing...

I assume you mean season since the pandemic itself led to a shortened CPL season, no L1O, tfc2, etc. 

It does seem like a lot of guys are having good seasons though. It sucks that Miller (who I’m high on after seeing him shut down the US up close) and Fraser aren’t really getting minutes but at least the Whitecaps are actually doing great when it comes to giving Canadians playing time. 

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

He is a good kid and from what I know he is actively involved in the Canadian NT soccer programs.  If the chance comes, I'm positive he will take the call.

At this point if he continues his form he almost automatically jumps into our top 3 or 4.

Have his performances been any more impressive than Thomas Hasal's for Vancouver? I haven't watched any Minnesota matches.

• 2 weeks later...