General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch much yet, but have others had the stream stop for a minute or two occasionally? I have watched about 40 minutes worth of gameplay and have seen this happen 4 or 5 times. Maybe it’s just my connection though.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch much yet, but have others had the stream stop for a minute or two occasionally? I have watched about 40 minutes worth of gameplay and have seen this happen 4 or 5 times. Maybe it’s just my connection though.

I know for a fact my Wifi cuts out once in a while, but this also happened to me 3 times during the second half of Monteserrat and El Salvador

Jamaica won just 4-0 at home against Cayman Islands.

St Kitts beat Puerto Rico in injury time.  They’ll be a good test for us down there.. a nice intro to concacaf for our young guys - they have one midfielder Romaine Sawyers who is a regular in the championship, their keeper looks decent and Atiba Harris as well.  

11 minutes ago, nfitz said:

If the fine print at the bottom of the CONACAF page for the March 26, 2019 match against French Guiana is to be believed, the game is going to be at BMO Field in Toronto. At 7 pm.

https://www.concacafnationsleague.com/en/nations-league-qualifying/game-detail/440496#tab_match=match-details

Wow, nice find.

I find it strange that they’d want to play in Toronto (outdoors) at BMO Field in late March!

When you can play in Vancouver (indoors) at BC Place instead

Is the weather okay near this time of the year? 

15 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Wow, nice find.

I find it strange that they’d want to play in Toronto (outdoors) at BMO Field in late March!

Late March is generally on the warmer side, but because they're playing at night it could get pretty chilly. 

31 minutes ago, KW519 said:

Late March is generally on the warmer side, but because they're playing at night it could get pretty chilly. 

you are right, should be fine.

Just saw highlights from TFC’s second home game vs Real Salt Lake at BMO On March 30 this year and it looked well

But for March 2nd (Home opener) Many players were wearing gloves, the bench on Columbus was wearing those big long jackets ? and the crowd looked dressed warm also 

In Canada Weather is different varying city to city for example Edmonton is still pretty cold around this time and even in early April there’s some snow on the ground 

Think with the early kick-off, there weren't many choices. I think you had BMO, Winnipeg and maybe Moncton.

Montreal is off because Olympic Stadium is touch and go to play in and Saputo's earliest match was on April 15.

Vancouver is off mainly because why would we host a match at 4 PM in the afternoon?

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Wow, nice find.

Nothing against Vancouver whatsoever. They do a great job.

March can be a very important time of year for club teams, especially in Europe.

Some understand this, some won't....

That extra 5 hours of air travel time + 4 time zones (x2), plus playing on turf, really goes into recovery- regeneration, overall fatigue etc.

It is what it is but playing in Toronto, really helps the overall health and fatigue levels of our European based players. My opinion anyways but I can confidently say the majority if not all of European based players would agree with my statement in bold.

Herdman is a master tactician of long term visionary.  Adding to what you said above, I would assume most, if not all, competitive matches over the next 8 yrs will be being played at our three host cities.  From tactical preparation standpoints, our players should play in our host city venues as MUCH as possible (my opinion).

Unfortunate for vancouver etc, incredible support, but unless it is a friendly or there is a clear tactical advantage in a WCQ, I don't see them getting many more CMNT in the next 2 cycles..... can't really put the blame on CSA for this one, is what it is.  Speaking truthfully, Edmonton should get a friendly before Vancouver.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, Tg11 said:

Looking at the Nations League the only threatening teams in there are us Canadians, Jamaica, Haiti and probably El Savador. Cuba I don't really know enough about them to determine if they will be a threat.

Cuba may be a threat until they play an away game in a country with a liberal refugee policy, then its game over.

8 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Think with the early kick-off, there weren't many choices. I think you had BMO, Winnipeg and maybe Moncton.

Montreal is off because Olympic Stadium is touch and go to play in and Saputo's earliest match was on April 15.

Vancouver is off mainly because why would we host a match at 4 PM in the afternoon?

I don't think the game absolutely has to be at that time though. It doesn't look like they are doing synchronized start times for the last games if Wikipedia is to be believed.

7 hours ago, Kent said:

I don't think the game absolutely has to be at that time though. It doesn't look like they are doing synchronized start times for the last games if Wikipedia is to be believed.

It wasn't. However, when the kick-off time was announced, I knew it meant BC Place was out. 

Haiti is 2-0 by the 19 minutes. With another massacre on the horizon, more important that Canada keeps destroying the competition.

Goal differential will be huge and losing ain't an option...nor a tie

Add:5-0 Haiti 42nd minute

Edited by Ansem