Sébastien

General - CONCACAF Nations League

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Your hate/dislike for Toronto is cute. It reminds me of when I was in Witchita, Kansas and how the people would talk about the big cities lol.

But I'm with you man, Vancouver should get the winter games - if like @Kent said means Canada playing at home versus playing in Florida. Spring through Fall, i'll take ATCO, Saputo, Moncton, or the Wanderers ground to host any minnows we may have to play.

For the record.. I actually like Toronto and the fans who get out and support Canada and their clubs are great. As far the insults, it's just a bit of fun. And some times a little too easy.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, SthMelbRed said:

Are you suggesting that the Whitecaps have suffered a drop in attendance due to artificial pitch? 

No, I simply countered the claim that people show up to watch. Though I did imply a roof doesn't seem to increase attendance.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, Kent said:

I’m not sure what your Empire field point is about, especially since wasn’t it also artificial turf?

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I replied to the "people showing up to watch" claim.

And then I pointed out that Canadian team needs to play on real turf.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, Kent said:

As for BMO Field, playing in December and February seemed to play a big role in the poor quality of the field in 2018. Yes we haven’t had January camps for a few years, but it’s still something I would like to see happen in Vancouver since they are capable.

Sure, if there were to be January camps/games - but with the January international break long gone, how would that work? 

Grass quality at BMO seemed infinitely improved this year, with the hybrid surface, and didn't seem to suffer from Canadian football, the way it did in the previous recent seasons.

So how is that an issue for either the early November or late March internationals, which are both much earlier and later (respectively) than MLS games are played at the same stadium?

Though why they don't remove the roof and put in real grass at BC Place I don't know ...

Edited by nfitz

35 minutes ago, nfitz said:

No, I simply countered the claim that people show up to watch. Though I did imply a roof doesn't seem to increase attendance.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I replied to the "people showing up to watch" claim.

And then I pointed out that Canadian team needs to play on real turf.

Sure, if there were to be January camps/games - but with the January international break long gone, how would that work? 

Grass quality at BMO seemed infinitely improved this year, with the hybrid surface, and didn't seem to suffer from Canadian football, the way it did in the previous recent seasons.

So how is that an issue for either the early November or late March internationals, which are both much earlier and later (respectively) than MLS games are played at the same stadium?

Though why they don't remove the roof and put in real grass at BC Place I don't know ...

Because that costs way more money then the province will ever pay especially with how recent the renovations were. Also the lions play there and i’d rather not have the pitch torn up by football. They also have no reason to switch it because no one cares in Vancouver whether it’s grass or turf.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

10 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Because that costs way more money then the province will ever pay especially with how recent the renovations were. Also the lions play there and i’d rather not have the pitch torn up by football. They also have no reason to switch it because no one cares in Vancouver whether it’s grass or turf.

BC Place is actually more of a trade show/convention centre than it is a sports venue. Grass could not survive through the current year-round event schedule for the facility.