General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

Gotta say, kudos to CONCACAF (there are 3 words I never anticipated saying) for pulling together the Nations League and offering what is a really effective streaming service - especially given the circumstances.  I have watched some parts of the games so far, and have been catching the highlights.  Even if the matches so far are generally low level, it is cool to be able to see teams from our region like this.  I hope it is financially viable enough to self-sustain - I think it is a great development.

32 minutes ago, Keegan said:

That St Lucia win 3-0 away to Antigua was surprising.  The US needed injury time to beat Antigua away in World Cup qualifying.  (6 years ago mind you but this Antigua roster has some respectable players). 

Yeah, that was a massive upset. No reason looking at the rosters that A&B should have lost. They've got a handful of players playing professionally in England, including 1 in the Championship and 2 in League one, while St. Lucia have one playing semi-pro in England and basically the rest domestic or in the Trini league

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

That St Lucia win 3-0 away to Antigua was surprising.  The US needed injury time to beat Antigua away in World Cup qualifying.  (6 years ago mind you but this Antigua roster has some respectable players). 

I agree that it was surprising.  I still think the 7-0 game that we had against them was a bit of an aberration.  When we played them at home, I seem to remember us going down 1-0, and not taking the lead until the 2nd half, on a penalty!

It occurs to me watching some of these other matches that we might gain a bit of an advantage playing at Bradenton:  we will get 3 matches on decent pitches instead of 2, 1 or 0, and I think that a poor pitch disadvantages our players more than those used to playing on those surfaces and who play a looser game.

11 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Herdman Pros & Cons of the Nations League...

Article from CPL.ca interesting read wonder what some of you think.

For me the challenges he talks about is, no different from any of the other top CONCACAF teams... The best nations in CONCACAF all have players playing in Europe or in the western hemisphere. 

Based on what he stated in regard to friendlies being reduced, which results in playing time being limited to a max of 14 player per say.... To me strongly shows that having a second game in the window is even more important now than ever for squad rotation purposes. 

So for me, the cons aren't really cons... A con to me is seen as a disadvantage, but every one is on a levels playing field. 

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

For me the challenges he talks about is, no different from any of the other top CONCACAF teams... The best nations in CONCACAF all have players playing in Europe or in the western hemisphere. 

Based on what he stated in regard to friendlies being reduced, which results in playing time being limited to a max of 14 player per say.... To me strongly shows that having a second game in the window is even more important now than ever for squad rotation purposes. 

So for me, the cons aren't really cons... A con to me is seen as a disadvantage, but every one is on a levels playing field. 

Absolutely right.  Not a lot of sense to it, let’s see some numbers.  If it was true there should be no reason not to be transparent. 

We are more advantaged than any team in this qualifying round.. fact.  And we want to talk like we’re struggling.. it’s a joke.

Cuba 11-0?  Time to turn up the heat.. if we can’t have true competition our competition should be finishing 12 points, 25+ GD and 0 conceded.