General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

Concacaf announces  2019 Gold Cup seeded nations according to the  Concacaf ranking of September: #1 Mexico, #2 USA, #3 Costa Rica and #4 Honduras. The article also indicates that once all nations have qualified for the Gold Cup via The Concacaf Nations league qualifiers, full groups and the full schedule will be announced. 

So as always, there will be no group draw. Here is the complete information: http://www.concacaf.com/en/article/concacaf-announces-updated-september-ranking-and-gold-cup-seeded-nations

I'm thinking way too far ahead here to League A, but I'll ask this anyway. CONCACAF says that League A will be 4 groups of 3. How do they plan on dividing the 6 Hex countries into 4 groups? Same for the 6 countries who come through the qualification phase. It's too early to be wondering this, but I don't want to wait until mid 2019 to find out. ?

2 hours ago, jtpc said:

I'm thinking way too far ahead here to League A, but I'll ask this anyway. CONCACAF says that League A will be 4 groups of 3. How do they plan on dividing the 6 Hex countries into 4 groups? Same for the 6 countries who come through the qualification phase. It's too early to be wondering this, but I don't want to wait until mid 2019 to find out. ?

From what I have heard of course it is all speculation/rumors, is that if they go 3 groups of four teams it is likely Pot 1 would contain the nations ranked 1-3, which would most likely be Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica. Pot 2 would contain the nations ranked 4-6, which would be Honduras, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago, Pot 3 would contain the top 3 teams from the CONCACAF Nations league qualifiers, (For argument sake lets use the rankings coming into the draw, so Jamaica, Canada, and Haiti. Pot 4 would contain the 4-6 ranked teams from the Nations League Qualifiers so El Salvador, Martinique, and Cuba. So what that could look like and what I would pray for, for a draw for Canada would be.

Group A                                                      Group B                                                 Group C

Mexico                                                        USA                                                       Costa Rica

Honduras                                                   Panama                                                Trinidad and Tobago

Jamaica                                                     Haiti                                                       Canada

El Salvador                                                Cuba                                                      Martinique

What I have also heard which from what the rumor mill is saying is that it will follow UEFA's structure and will have 4 groups of 3 nations that way they can have a semi final and final format. Pot 1 would be the Top 4 Nations Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, and Honduras. Pot 2 would have the 5-6 ranked nations and the top 2 nations from qualifying, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Canada, and Pot 3 would be the 3-6 ranked nations from qualifying, Haiti, El Salvador, Martinique, and Cuba. in that case I would love a draw to look like this.

Group A                                        Group B                                     Group C                                       Group D

Mexico                                         USA                                            Costa Rica                                  Honduras

Jamaica                                      Panama                                     Trinidad and Tobago                Canada

El Salvador                                 Haiti                                            Cuba                                            Martinique

Of course I know a lot of people will not like possibly going against Honduras again, but I feel that with Floro out now this time around we have a good opportunity to show we can start to win not just hope for a draw in Central America, and the Caribbean against the stronger nations.

Let me know what you guys think but that's what has been speculated from what I have read and heard. The draws are just of my own doing. 

Edited by Daryn27
This is for the CONCACAF Nations League

2 hours ago, jtpc said:

I'm guessing that they'll use  their own CONCACAF ranking. Gold Cup already named their four seeds: Mexico, US, Costa Rica and Honduras. I don't know if they'll name the seeds before or after the Gold Cup though.

Edited by Blackdude

On 8/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, Daryn27 said:

From what I have heard of course it is all speculation/rumors, is that if they go 3 groups of four teams it is likely Pot 1 would contain the nations ranked 1-3, which would most likely be Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica. Pot 2 would contain the nations ranked 4-6, which would be Honduras, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago, Pot 3 would contain the top 3 teams from the CONCACAF Nations league qualifiers, (For argument sake lets use the rankings coming into the draw, so Jamaica, Canada, and Haiti. Pot 4 would contain the 4-6 ranked teams from the Nations League Qualifiers so El Salvador, Martinique, and Cuba. So what that could look like and what I would pray for, for a draw for Canada would be.

Group A                                                      Group B                                                 Group C

Mexico                                                        USA                                                       Costa Rica

Honduras                                                   Panama                                                Trinidad and Tobago

Jamaica                                                     Haiti                                                       Canada

El Salvador                                                Cuba                                                      Martinique

What I have also heard which from what the rumor mill is saying is that it will follow UEFA's structure and will have 4 groups of 3 nations that way they can have a semi final and final format. Pot 1 would be the Top 4 Nations Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, and Honduras. Pot 2 would have the 5-6 ranked nations and the top 2 nations from qualifying, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Canada, and Pot 3 would be the 3-6 ranked nations from qualifying, Haiti, El Salvador, Martinique, and Cuba. in that case I would love a draw to look like this.

Group A                                        Group B                                     Group C                                       Group D

Mexico                                         USA                                            Costa Rica                                  Honduras

Jamaica                                      Panama                                     Trinidad and Tobago                Canada

El Salvador                                 Haiti                                            Cuba                                            Martinique

Of course I know a lot of people will not like possibly going against Honduras again, but I feel that with Floro out now this time around we have a good opportunity to show we can start to win not just hope for a draw in Central America, and the Caribbean against the stronger nations.

Let me know what you guys think but that's what has been speculated from what I have read and heard. The draws are just of my own doing. 

According to the greatest source of all (Wikipedia), it is four groups of three with the group winners playing off in the semi/final format in March 2020.

16 minutes ago, Zem said:

The first match of qualifying started about an hour ago between Suriname and our opponent next month, Dominica. It's being played in Dominica and it's 0-0 at half time.

https://www.concacafnationsleague.com/en/nations-league-qualifying/game-detail/440450#tab_match=match-details

Actually it s playing in Les Abymes Guadeloupe.. And they are defending well their goal with 7-8 men. Suriname has better technique but it is difficult to them to overcome the Dominica barrier so far.

Edited by xabuep2