General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

Interesting watching Bahamas vs Antigua and Barbuda (score is now 0-3, oops, actually 0-4 now as I write this, end of the 1st half...).  

According to the CONCACAF site, Bahamas(31) are 2 spots above Dominica (33 for our region) and they are getting pretty solidly outclassed by A&B (21).  Given that we are ranked 7 and arguably on the upswing from that - and playing at home on a cool Toronto night, we really should hit them pretty hard.  I know anything can happen, but we really should push hard to fill the net.  Would be nice for some of the guys to start putting up good numbers for the Nats.  Also seems safe to say that should be able to get a few new guys on the pitch without threatening the result in any way.

Really though, I just wanted to post again because I am having so much fun watching this tourney.

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

Pressure is on Tuesday to crush, if we don’t I fear we can’t finish first because of some of these teams crushing.

8-0 was good but when you see some of these other results it makes you wonder..

We beat USVI 8-0.  Curacao beat them 5-0.  I think we are in great shape as long as we keep the foot on the gas Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

7-0 for Bermuda over Sint Maarten.  In the first half.

Haiti beat Sint Maarten (first time I have ever had to spell that...) 13-0 on matchday 1, so the current score isn't surprising.

...and Bahamas now down 5-0.

2 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

I predicted Antigua & Barbuda winning, but only 3-0.

I will freely admit that I know so little about these teams that i couldn't offer any kind of informed prediction.  That is one of the neat parts about this league - it is educating me about the teams in our federation.  Right now I have to Oz window open, the wikipedia page showing the round 1 CNL scores, and the CONCACAF rankings page.

Beauty. 

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

We beat USVI 8-0.  Curacao beat them 5-0.  I think we are in great shape as long as we keep the foot on the gas Tuesday.

Haiti beat Sint Maarten (first time I have ever had to spell that...) 13-0 on matchday 1, so the current score isn't surprising.

...and Bahamas now down 5-0.

Didn’t realize they had played already.. that’s actually a good result for us but still means we have to put up a big score.  

The first games from this round:

French Guiana 23px-Flag_of_French_Guiana.svg.png 0–1 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Vincent_and_the_Grena Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
U.S. Virgin Islands 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Virgin_Is 0–5

23px-Flag_of_Cura%C3%A7ao.svg.png Curaçao

And Antigua and Barbuda getting the win (6-0 at this point) over Bahamas, and Bermuda currently crushing Sint Maarten.  

Later tonight:

Dominican Republic 23px-Flag_of_the_Dominican_Republic.svg. 12 Oct '18 23px-Flag_of_the_Cayman_Islands.svg.png Cayman Islands
Grenada 23px-Flag_of_Grenada.svg.png 12 Oct '18 23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png Cuba
Edited by dyslexic nam

1 minute ago, devioustrevor said:

Should be interesting to see if Grenada is as bad as the Curacao game indicated, of it was just an aberration.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how consistent the scores are between rounds.  Cuba is only beating them 1-0 in the 27th minute which is no where near on track for the 10-0 hammering they got from Curacao.

Alternatively, Cayman Islands are already down 2-0 to DR, whereas Jamaica only put 4 past them on Day 1.  

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am far from an expert, but everyone has been talking about the importance of goal differential for tie break purposes, so I assume it plays a role.

Goal differential obviously is has an effect in this preliminary table.  I was meaning more in regards to FIFA rankings.  I'm interested if finishing with a +20 GD in this round instead of a +25 could mean we end up playing the likes of Mexico or USA earlier in the next WCQ cycle.

On an unrelated note, the Oz app/website won't let me stream 2 matches at once on my comp.  And the warning that pops up says that playback has started on another device, so I assume it is only one stream per account at any given time.  Not that it is in any way unreasonable, but it would be cool to stream 2 matches at once.