General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

9 hours ago, Ruffian said:

This is the commercial played over and over on TSN. It would be a disappointment if they played this as much as they have and do not play the actual games.

TSN will take Soccer Canada’s money for the advertising with no issue.  But they won’t be showing the game unless they think they can make money on it.  Luckily for me it’s in Toronto and I won’t have to rely on some shaky stream void of audio to watch our national men’s team play.  Would love it if TSN got fully behind the team and started showing anything and everything.

20 hours ago, tyler453 said:

Of course, but TSN is a business. I used to work behind the SportsCentre anchors on TSN there writing scripts, and a game like this wouldn't even be in the highlight show unfortunately. Totally realize the games broadcast could attract new fans, but not sure how the viewership would be from a business standpoint. Should they really want it on TV, the CSA would probably have to throw the broadcaster an incentive or something.

But come to think of it, the 9th falls on opening Sunday of the NFL schedule. TSN 99% won't broadcast this IMO.

I wonder what the ratings are from NYRB NYFC game on tonight??  They seem to have replays of the Van and TFC games all the time to fill space.  We play so few games its a shame if they dont show them.  Although i have some good memories of watching sketchy streams with colorful local announcers....

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I wonder what the ratings are from NYRB NYFC game on tonight??  They seem to have replays of the Van and TFC games all the time to fill space.  We play so few games its a shame if they dont show them.  Although i have some good memories of watching sketchy streams with colorful local announcers....

Oh yeah most of the stuff broadcast on it is filler. Except on opening Sunday in the NFL there won't be any filler time really. Sadly the NFL games will attract more viewers than a CANMNT game, especially against USVI.

16 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

If there's a wish I have is to see us beat the USMNT....that feeling I got from the Olympic game was crazy. I just dislike the USA and some Americans.

We used to do that routinely pre 90s. As a matter of fact, ever since the CSA sent a team to the World Cup qualifiers, we have been their biggest "Cup block" as they never made it back until 1990.

It's really not some impossible feat, we're on track to go back to the way things used to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men's_national_soccer_team_results

6 hours ago, Ansem said:

We used to do that routinely pre 90s. As a matter of fact, ever since the CSA sent a team to the World Cup qualifiers, we have been their biggest "Cup block" as they never made it back until 1990.

It's really not some impossible feat, we're on track to go back to the way things used to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men's_national_soccer_team_results

I was born in 1990..... So you should further understand what I mean. 

Wouldn't the new Canadian Soccer Business group be responsible for getting this game on the air?  I mean, the agreement they signed with the CSA includes:

• Canada Soccer, all corporate partnerships and media rights for Women’s and Men’s National Team Programs and grassroots programs

So I'm just thinking if the game doesn't make it to air, it's not the CSA's fault this time...

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Wouldn't the new Canadian Soccer Business group be responsible for getting this game on the air?  I mean, the agreement they signed with the CSA includes:

•  Canada Soccer, all corporate partnerships and media rights for Women’s and Men’s National Team Programs and grassroots programs

So I'm just thinking if the game doesn't make it to air, it's not the CSA's fault this time...

I don't think so. Home federation sells media rights. So if someone gives a bunch of money to USVI to not show the game, that someone can do that.

10 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I don't think so. Home federation sells media rights. So if someone gives a bunch of money to USVI to not show the game, that someone can do that.

So that's what's happened to the Nigerian Prince that has been emailing me for years about all his money... I wondered where he was going to spend it all.

3 hours ago, kacbru said:

So that's what's happened to the Nigerian Prince that has been emailing me for years about all his money... I wondered where he was going to spend it all.

I go chop yo dolla. I go make yo money disappear. 419 is not a game. You r dey loser. I am dey winna.

6 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Indeed.  I'm just saying that in the future, any complaints about games not being televised shouldn't be blamed on the CSA. It's the CSB that's in charge of it now.

21 hours ago, Ngravs said:

I saw someone mention on Twitter Davies roasting Yedlin on the wing and it made me think there’s nothing I want more than to qualify for the A side and get matched up with the US and have a big road trip to cheer on our vets and up and coming stars to a win!

That would be awesome. I'd like to read the articles on mlssoccer.com the day after Canada beats USA in a competitive game.

Not so fun fact: Apparently Canada has only beaten USA in USA one time, in St. Louis in 1957. :(

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Indeed.  I'm just saying that in the future, any complaints about games not being televised shouldn't be blamed on the CSA. It's the CSB that's in charge of it now.

CSB is only in charge of the matches that the CSA has the rights to. If the rights for the Nations League matches work like the rights for WCQ matches, then the CSA does not own the rights to this match. They belong to USVI. So CSB could try to acquire them and then sell them to a broadcast partner, but it may not make financial sense to do so.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/teams/compare.html according to this we’ve beaten them 8 times but not since 1985

Yes, I was saying we've only won one away match against them. The other 7 wins were in

Vancouver - 1985 and 1980
Haiti - 1976
St. John's - 1972
Toronto - 1968 and 1957
Montreal - 1925

Source: https://www.canadasoccer.com/index.php?t=schedule_new.tpl&genderId=0&seasonKeyword=&tid=2068&venueKeyword=&opponentTeamKeyword=usa&month=0&year=

Edited by Kent

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yes, I was saying we've only won one away match against them. The other 7 wins were in

Vancouver - 1985 and 1980
Haiti - 1976
St. John's - 1972
Toronto - 1968 and 1957
Montreal - 1925

Source: https://www.canadasoccer.com/index.php?t=schedule_new.tpl&genderId=0&seasonKeyword=&tid=2068&venueKeyword=&opponentTeamKeyword=usa&month=0&year=

Ahh yes my mistake for not reading thoroughly, I do that more than I like to haha. 

Two more recent games with the USA come to mind, the gold cup semifinal in 2007 and the friendly at bmo in 2012. We should have won both.