General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

2 hours ago, Daryn27 said:

You are more worried about the St. Kitts game then the French Guiana game?

No, not at all ... I could see us winning 1-0 vs. St.Kitts, and tying FG.

Combine that with two 3-0 or 4-0 games vs. Dominica and USVI, and voila ... It's possible that we win by more vs. D or USVI though ...

Also, to be clear, I'm not saying that we can't win all 4 ...

Edited by Addona

3 hours ago, Daryn27 said:

You are more worried about the St. Kitts game then the French Guiana game?

Canada has played St Kitts once away in 2011 and guess what happened? They played poorly and needed a good Lars Hirschfeld save to keep a 0-0 draw. Sure, we have a better team now, but I don't see why they couldn't do this again since we're often not used to grind results there.

2 minutes ago, Paulie C said:

Not yet, checking in with the boys this weekend so we have an idea of how many tix we’ll need.

Awesome, no rush. Gather the forces. 

Also, remember I will consolidate orders.  So you can make multiple orders and they will all be together. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Serious? 

Yes, I've been watching most the game, Jamaica with the majority of possession have missed sitters and a penalty. Barbados have one shot on target (one goal was an own goal) but like i said these are Jamaican premier league players. I'm mad because I thought I had an easy bet won but apparently not..

9 hours ago, Daryn27 said:

TSN better be picking up the games, what’s the point of getting people hyped for the men’s team or when we host the World Cup or just the game in general if they don’t broadcast competitive fixtures that mean a lot for the national team.

As much as I think they should televise it, I don't think it will be. Even though it is a competitive match, a game against USVI doesn't sound too lucrative to TSN. Hope I'm wrong though.

Dominica I could see more, but only because they'll be at home and in Toronto.

9 minutes ago, tyler453 said:

As much as I think they should televise it, I don't think it will be. Even though it is a competitive match, a game against USVI doesn't sound too lucrative to TSN. Hope I'm wrong though.

Dominica I could see more, but only because they'll be at home and in Toronto.

Oh I totally understand your point but someone has to think at least from the CSA’s view point that they want to have there games broadcast to attract new fans.

I think Dazn has the nations league. The owners of the Champions League rights in Canada are playing hard ball too. There is a very real chance the ucl will only be streamed on Dazn

2 hours ago, Daryn27 said:

Oh I totally understand your point but someone has to think at least from the CSA’s view point that they want to have there games broadcast to attract new fans.

Of course, but TSN is a business. I used to work behind the SportsCentre anchors on TSN there writing scripts, and a game like this wouldn't even be in the highlight show unfortunately. Totally realize the games broadcast could attract new fans, but not sure how the viewership would be from a business standpoint. Should they really want it on TV, the CSA would probably have to throw the broadcaster an incentive or something.

But come to think of it, the 9th falls on opening Sunday of the NFL schedule. TSN 99% won't broadcast this IMO.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

This is the commercial played over and over on TSN. It would be a disappointment if they played this as much as they have and do not play the actual games.

You couldn’t blame them for not playing it though could you?  Canada v Dominica isn’t drawing tv numbers, especially if Davies isn’t there.  Play some real competition and I’m sure tsn picks it up.