Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Colyn pissing on Brym's party (scored late for Jong PSV).

All the good metaphors I can come up with for their tiff to get the 26 spot to Qatar are terribly sexist, what's wrong with the English language?

The biggest problem with the English language is that..... it isn't Spanish ;)

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

the more I think the "cusp" of the roster is basically just Corbeanu, Brym, Koleosho, and maybe Fraser, but I have not been impressed with Fraser at all this year, so I think 2 of the 3 I mentioned make it.

I am not sure any of those 4 make it.  I think you take Hoilett and Millar as back up wingers (and Hoilett can play RWB as well).  That means you may have another spot for a winger but if he brings Arfield back as Hutch, Osorio are questionable and Kaye has been out of form, I don’t think you have spot for any of them.

I think the first 3’s best chance is to beat out Millar for the spot as he hasn’t been in great form this year.  Fraser may go if he doesn’t take Arfield for injury cover

Fraser also may go for that ball to David in Honduras during WCQ. I will cherish the memory of that pass and the take by David forever. 

Edit: He obviously won’t go for one pass but that play deserves to be recognized periodically whether actually adding to the discussion or not. 😄

Edited by maccaliam

2 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Fraser also may go for that ball to David in Honduras during WCQ. I will cherish the memory of that pass and the take by David forever. 

Edit: He obviously won’t go for one pass but that play deserves to be recognized periodically whether actually adding to the discussion or not. 😄

Fraser has rarely disappointed for Canada, no matter what his club level has been at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the kid but the fact he was immediately deemed not good enough by the Sparta Rotterdam coaching staff and sent back to the Eerste Divisie should be telling.

We also have seen for Canada he's kind of ineffective against good teams. He can run a lot and press which is nice but for now he needs to keep developing. He needs to establish himself with Sparta Rotterdam first IMO before we talk about his NT prospects.

Purely speculative, but Herdman stays in close contacts with clubs, so he probably has a good idea of what Rotterdam's plans with Brym are. Not saying his situation is the same as Liam Fraser's, but he was basically dropped from the NT once it became clear Deinze wasn't going to get promoted (last place in 2nd div right now btw), whereas Brym is still getting calls even though he's in the second division in Netherlands. Better league sure, but Colyn is a guy who isn't even talked about as part of the NT's plans, and he plays in the same league- my guess is that Rotterdam is still invested in Brym, which makes Herdman invested in him as well. Plus, like Liam Millar last year, he might not be playing in the greatest league, but he's a guy who scores a lot of goals in Europe, something we don't exactly have an abundance of. Hell, Brym could either play in the first div with Rotterdam next year, or maybe even with FC Eindhoven who are close to the automatic promotion zone. 

I'm fine with his call up for the friendlies, perplexed why he got minutes over someone like Koleosho, at this point I just find the whole meme of him playing minutes for Canada to be funny. If he puts even one toe on the pitch in Qatar though, it better be Ancelotti hour for CANMNT in 2023, I'll say that much.

13 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

I think he's a marginal player but the mystification of why he's been included has been a bit overblown.

For what it's worth, he seems to be doing well and that's great to see. But besides playing in second-tier Holland, the mystification comes from his mediocre appearances for the national team. I just haven't been impressed with his play for Canada, and there are other players who would be much better options for Qatar at this point. That said, if he keeps up his form and plays in the Eredivisie next season, I think that would create a very strong case for him. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King