Jonathan David

Vince193

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Next step is seeing him score against good teams. Montpellier played half the match down a man and they looked absolutely terrible. Next week is against Marseille so hopefully Lille shows up better than they did against the last top of table club they played.

He already has 4 career goals against Marseille, 2 against PSG. He’s already shown that he can score against top teams, but it would be good if he continues to do so

25 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

He already has 4 career goals against Marseille, 2 against PSG. He’s already shown that he can score against top teams, but it would be good if he continues to do so

Right, but a (fair) knock against JD and a reason he's still at Lille is because he has a reputation as a streaky scorer. A pessimistic view to look at his goals this year (#5 in League 1!) is that he scored two braces and nothing in 4 games. Interestingly enough, the last goals he scored last season came as a brace against Nice.  He's proven he can score against the best of the best, I guess what I'm trying to say is that i hope that instead of only scoring in bunches, he can regain his consistency, and get some in against the top teams in the country. Hope he gets on a little hot streak now.

49 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Right, but a (fair) knock against JD and a reason he's still at Lille is because he has a reputation as a streaky scorer. A pessimistic view to look at his goals this year (#5 in League 1!) is that he scored two braces and nothing in 4 games. Interestingly enough, the last goals he scored last season came as a brace against Nice.  He's proven he can score against the best of the best, I guess what I'm trying to say is that i hope that instead of only scoring in bunches, he can regain his consistency, and get some in against the top teams in the country. Hope he gets on a little hot streak now.

Cabella was back this game and threaded through the ball for his first. Playing with him will be very helpful and he'll replace Sanches as the most creative Lille player.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

This was a much better analysis of David's seasons and play than your first attempt a few posts back.