Jonathan David

Vince193

The Athletic just did an article on Pulisic's time at Chelsea, and reading that, I think I'm convinced that David staying at Lille until the world cup is probably the best course of action. Between the first two games this season, Pulisic has played only 30 minutes, and hasn't played a minute at LW, his natural position, in two seasons. I don't know that it's realistic to believe that an EPL manager would readily trust JD with a starting position out of the gate, or even with consistent minutes. He also struggles with consistency, so I can imagine a scenario in which he gets into a dry spell, and then pretty much doesn't see the pitch for weeks.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

The Athletic just did an article on Pulisic's time at Chelsea, and reading that, I think I'm convinced that David staying at Lille until the world cup is probably the best course of action. Between the first two games this season, Pulisic has played only 30 minutes, and hasn't played a minute at LW, his natural position, in two seasons. I don't know that it's realistic to believe that an EPL manager would readily trust JD with a starting position out of the gate, or even with consistent minutes. He also struggles with consistency, so I can imagine a scenario in which he gets into a dry spell, and then pretty much doesn't see the pitch for weeks.

Two games in to the season it definitely looks like a decent decision to stay. After the World Cup, all bets are off.

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I also agree with David staying at Lille is likely his best move... but I think it's a bit ironic that the 'available' striker who fits the profile Tuchel is looking for at Chelsea at the moment is David.

I didn't realize Yazici was back with the team. Funny that he's one of the few players still left (albeit was gone for a while) from their championship year just two seasons ago, with David, Fonte, Andre, Bamba and Diallo I think the only others. An incredible amount of turnover.

Edited by Gian-Luca

Did anyone else love that Rooney comment about Mbappe's ego?

I frankly thought it was great, without thinking that Messi or Neymar are anywhere near their prime, for me both are in decline. But I do agree that the young-uns need to have their asses kicked. And that Kylian was a bit of a coward to not seek a move to a team with higher ambitions than PSG, as if he was still hiding out in Ligue 1 and unsure about making a move to a top club in a big league.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did anyone else love that Rooney comment about Mbappe's ego?

I frankly thought it was great, without thinking that Messi or Neymar are anywhere near their prime, for me both are in decline. But I do agree that the young-uns need to have their asses kicked. And that Kylian was a bit of a coward to not seek a move to a team with higher ambitions than PSG, as if he was still hiding out in Ligue 1 and unsure about making a move to a top club in a big league.

Jinx

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

And that Kylian was a bit of a coward to not seek a move to a team with higher ambitions than PSG, as if he was still hiding out in Ligue 1 and unsure about making a move to a top club in a big league.

Fuck Madrid and their entitlement. They think that they're gods gift to football and every player needs to go there or the Prem to PrOvE tHeMsElVeS. This PSG is a better team than Madrid who were very lucky last year, and he gets to live at home in a better city and potentially go down in French football history by leading them to the CL. 

Lille have woken up after that horrid start and have had some decent half chances but they risk a lot playing at the back.

Edited by sebdeserio

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

FF to postmatch, relieved I don't have to watch. 

How did David do?

In fact the game is still being contested and I am being sarcastic.

However if you're playing along I'll do a future perfect forecast and say David will have had two or three half chances, will have had to drop back to get involved in the play, and will have been mostly starved for service.

2 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Fuck Madrid and their entitlement. They think that they're gods gift to football and every player needs to go there or the Prem to PrOvE tHeMsElVeS. This PSG is a better team than Madrid who were very lucky last year, and he gets to live at home in a better city and potentially go down in French football history by leading them to the CL. 

Lille have woken up after that horrid start and have had some decent half chances but they risk a lot playing at the back.

I think you did not see Rooney's comments: the entitlement is worse on Mbappé's side, because he is strutting around like a peacock with a player who at his age already had 4 Ballon d'Ors. 

Apart from the fact that he's a major diver and complainer, it's awful to watch.

In any case, whether Madrid or any other team, say an EPL club: a player in his .prime choses to stay in an inferior league with a lower competitive level and not make the move. Because his sugardaddys make the payoff. That is hiding in a comfort zone.

Just now, rkomar said:

Got what?  I'm trying to watch via the OneSoccer website, but I can't find any way to get to the game.  Is there a link there to get to the alternate channel?

You literally have to search up "Lille" to find it. This app is absolute shite. It's timed out multiple times already for me on both my phone and laptop. What the actual fuck onesoccer?!

5 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

You literally have to search up "Lille" to find it. This app is absolute shite. It's timed out multiple times already for me on both my phone and laptop. What the actual fuck onesoccer?!

This might help if you had cable and Rogers wasn't trying to screw them

OneSoccer alleges Rogers acting anti-competitively by refusing to carry the streaming service on cable
Simon Houpt theglobeandmail August 5, 2022